White Stripes...

Recently went shopping in Banana Republic and was impressed by music inside the store...
Anyone would recommend a starting album to listen to?
I kind-of liked the mixture of influences they have:
some of Led Zeppelin, some of T-Rex and even Talking Heads.
128x128marakanetz
Elephant, there newest one is great and you probably already know 2 or 3 of the songs from radio, etc.
White Blood Cells, is great, too.
Believe it or not, Jack White produced new album by Loretta Lynn...the parts I've heard are very promising. Similar to the treatment that Emmylou Harris got when she came out with Spyboy. Certainly not your grandma's country & western. Cheers,

Spencer
Jack White was a drummer in a band, also out of Detriot that toured extensively in the midwest called "Goober and The Peas" "the collective works of" ~Detriot Municipal records~ was their first album and IMO, their best work. lucking enough to have a full length vinyl 45 rpm/and CD

Any of the 3 disc's -X-mas with G&TP,Jet Age Sound of...goes for big $$ on Ebay because of the Jack White connection.
I beleive there were the first band that was coined Cow Punk.
Cow-Punk = Tex and the Horseheads ( sounds like a cross between "hillbilly rock" and "punk", doesn't it??? )

Horseheads = heroin junkies ( kinda deceiving, huh??? )

Jack White = good old fashioned garage rock that draws upon tons of various influences. These influences are put together in a fashion that makes it Jack's own style with a simple yet catchy and rhythmic beat. Gotta luv it... Sean
>