any fans of early industrial?

Are there any fans of Throbing Gristle,Psychic Tv,Spk,Dg307 and Einsterzunde Neubaten?I am just curious if any audiogoners are into this wild stuff.Mike from Czech rep
128x128mikedimitrov
Megasam I have the 12 inch single Machine Age Vodoo by SPK.

As to playing/talking about GOTH being sacrilegious. Since 1981 FAITH by the Cure I've been playing, listening, and seeing Goth bands (away from the stagnet(sp.) dinosaur rock bands from that time, and I never looked back.)
How about Teargarden? its s mix of the members of The Legendary Pink Dots and Skinny Puppy.
Very very good stuff

The legendary Pink Dots are one of my favorite bands. Seen em in concert twice. I have Crushed velevet Apocalypse, The Curse, Golden Age, 9 Lives to Wonder, The Tower, about 3-4 others i cant think of right now.

I love Project Pitchfork, its hard to find in stores though.

Big Big fan of Einsturzende Neubauten. Good stuff. I have about 5-6 of thier CD's.

Lets not forget Psychic TV, Penal Colony, My Life with the Thrill Kill Cult, Twilight Circus.

Wumpscut is pretty good, that's some hard stuff to find as well. Too bad my Ebryodead CD was stolen years back.

Current 93 and Christian Death are always fun. :) That wacky Roz WIlliams.

I REALLY want to find a copy of Project Pitchforks Early Years. havent been able to find it anywhere. i used to own it but it got all screwed up.
Einstruzende Neubauten is excellent, even now. For people interested, go to www.neubauten.org, their web site. Some neat stuff there. And they also did a special recording for "supporters," those who donated some $$ (all of $35 Paypal for me).

Thanks for all the info on the other groups, I'll check out Wumpscut for sure.

And a slightly humurous story: my sister-in-law was looking for something to get me for the holidays some eyars back. I told her I wanted Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits. Now, this 40-something woman looks at me, incredulously, and says "Throb...what ?" I said, "Throbbing Gristle -- think pulsating steak fat !" :-)

BTW, a lot of industrial music makes great speaker break-in material !!!! EN's "Strategies Against Architecture" disk 1 is amongst my favorites to burn in something new.

OK, enough.

Todd.
I have agree with the Legendary Pink Dot's reccomendation. Though not industrial or goth (maybe something more like experimental pop) a lot of ground such as the Dots and Xymox seem to get grouped all together with the Industrial Goth category. Edward Ka Spel is a true musical genius, musically and especially lyrically. I too have seen them live a few times and have most of their albums. It seems a shame that someone with so much talent will go relatively unoticed.

Skinny Puppy also deserves mention. The musical force of Cevin Key and Duane Goettel was truly groundbreaking, at least it was to me then. I think I like the memory of listening to Skinny Puppy on the cheap rack system or crappy car stereo better than it sounds to me now on my high end system. I thought that stuff was so powerful back in the day, and it seems kinda weak now. Skinny Puppy, 242, Frontline Assembly etc.. is my classic rock.
Ejlif

I was wondering what audiophiles who were into industrial think about that type of music on thier high end rigs.

sometimes you just need something crunchy.
Not much of it is what you would call Clean music.

One thing i love about the dots is how thier music varies from album to album. 9 lives to wonder is dark and somewhat sad, while golden age is somewhat puppy. The curse sounds rather gothic and dark.
Even with all these changes from album to album, they have a distinct personality that shines through