Favourite Guitar CDs

Can you pls advise ?
Thanks
Tony
128x128tony2704
Mark Knofler "Sailing To Philadelphia", Soundtrack from "Local Hero"

Allman Brothers Band "Fillmore East"

B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Les Paul....
Duane: Thanks for the Buckethead recommendation. As to my comment about "best rock guitarist", i didn't mean to sound like there weren't any others out there that were worth listening to. There are oodles of talented people out there pouring their hearts into their music and it shows. My comment was more to say that i thought that Hendrix did the most to break down barriers and experiment with new sounds / techniques than anybody else. While the guys from Blue Cheer may have pushed the "raw & distorted" sound barrier before Hendrix, they didn't have anywhere near the finesse or style to go along with their "bazooka blast".

As far as my comment about Entombed goes, i listed the wrong album. Rather than "Left Hand Path", i should have said "Clandestine". Much "heavier" sounding. Sean
>
Try John Williams' The Magic Box on SACD - nice recording, some great guitar based music. It has classical roots with a 'world music' style....interesting mix!
For layering of many voices with great harmony Steve Howe from YES is awesome. Try Quantum Guitar and Turbulence.

Allan Holdsworth's Live CD called ALL NIGHT WRONG is the best live recording I ever heard...its expensive though thru www.audiophileimports.com

Richard Thompson's CD's have tons of incredible fingerpicking style...

Check out YES's Relayer album,,,,its basically what I consider the best guitar playing on any album period..