Favourite Guitar CDs

Can you pls advise ?
Thanks
Tony
128x128tony2704
It depends on what kind of music you like. One of my all-time favorites is Larry Carlton's "Alone But Never Alone". If your preference is flamenco, then you might want to give a listen to Govi's "No Strings Attached"(somewhat of a compilation of a few of his earlier works) or Jesse Cook's "Gravity". Ottmar Liebert + Luna Negra have some really mellow nouveau flamenco offerings that you might like. If you think that you would like something that might be considered a little blue grassy, try Jerry Douglas playing his dobro guitar on his solo works("Changing Channels"-quite a list of famous accompaning musicians by the way)) or you can catch him playing on many of Alison Krauss' cds. I could go on and on because there are there are many many more guitarists in different genres that are my personal favorites, and these are just a few.
I have 4

1-Tony Harmon-- La Purisima Mission, maybe hard to find
2- My Fav--Nils Lofgren / Acoustic Live unreal track 5
3-Doug MacLeod / Come to find
4- Antonio Forcione on Naim Label

And Steve Ray Vaughn / song "" Tin Pan Alley ""
************* WOW Just Turn This UP All The Way *********

Cheers
Proy,
There isn't a doubt that "Tin Pan Alley" is one of the finest, if not the finest guitar pieces around! And I have turned it up way too loud, too many times...what was that you said***
The WOW Factor on Tin Pan Alley ,
The WOW is Listen to "" Keith don't go "" Nils Lofgren
WOW : It just doesn't get any better than this guys
Bleed
Artist Jeff Pearce
Album Title Bleed
Date of Release 2002
Genre Electronica

Jeff Pearce is one of the top two electronic guitarists of all time. Years ago, saying that would have been blasphemy. To compare anyone to Robert Fripp, the acknowledged master and progenitor of the style, was unthinkable, let alone conscionable. Yet, in many ways Pearce has surpassed Fripp. Bleed encompasses and acknowledges those ways. Pearce wrote the music for this album after reading his diary from his teenage years. He has made no secret of the fact that these were troubled years for him. Thus, the compositions are dripping with all the angst and pain of inner-child demons. Pearce has put his heart and soul right on the front lines. Deep listeners will feel the confusion, loneliness, and isolation of adolescence along with the pain and fear of rejection and abandonment. Pearce has stated many times that he creates his atmospheres with only a guitar and a processor. He fibs, too. This masterpiece features all of his emotional courage and spiritual strength — that is one of the ways in which he has surpassed Fripp. Pearce's compositional skills have also surpassed Fripp's. Pearce's willingness to let his audience into his heart and soul separates him from the rest of the crowd. In perhaps the strongest indicator of greatness, there are no discs even closely comparable to this masterwork. It rates a seven only because it has not had the test of time to be a nine. It is, quite simply, in a league of its own. — Jim Brenholts

2002 CD Hypnos 2241

Thank You-AMG (for these words)