Favourite Guitar CDs

Can you pls advise ?
Thanks
Tony
128x128tony2704
Here are a couple of prime choices:

• Leo Kottke–6 and 12 String Guitar. Perhaps the greatest acoustic fingerstyle aLbum ever.

• Michael Hedges–Aerial Boundaries. No one got more texture and rhythm out of an acoustic guitar.

• Hot Tuna–Acoustic Hot Tuna. A definitive (and modern) take on vintage ragtime blues.

Enjoy!
I wholeheartedly second the Michael Hedges "Aerial Boundaries" suggestion above
lawrence juber,"the collection" is a must have. he was the lead guitarist in wings. this is a much more laid back style of acoustic guitar,very well recorded.it opens up with hendrix's "little wing",one of my favorites.
If you don't mind strectching your imagination a bit, I think you'll find true gems from the Spanish-influenced players. Paco De Lucia can probably be credited with resurrecting flamenco in the 60's. 'Sirico' is a little known gem of a CD. Also try Tonino Bailardo, lead guitarist with the Gypsy Kings. He has a brillant new solo CD.

The Brazilian brothers Sergio & Odair Assad: they do classical as well as tango, bossa nova & other brazilian styles. Their CD 'Sergio & Oadir Assad Play Piazolla' is in heavy rotation in my system along with their CD accopmanying Nadia Solerno-Sonnenberg.

Recently, on a whim, I picked up a CD entilted 'Flamenco Arabe'. You're likey never to have heard stuff like this before: Egyptian violins & bamboo flutes, Indian tabalas, and of course Spanish guitar picking by Rafael el Tachuela. Distinctly unique!

For more conventional stuff, Steve Ray Vaughn is 'boogie king numero uno' in my book (try to get remastered CD's since the early 80's CD's are way too bright IMHO). If you can find any Wishbone Ash, their album 'Argus' from the 70's was an overlooked diamond in the rough. Could be soundtrack music for the 'warrior epic' in us all! I also like Robin Trower's 'Bridge of Sighs' (remastered)
Enjoy your search...
I second the acoustic Hot Tuna and the solo work of Jorma Kaukonen (spelling?).

Also, Charlie Hunter's a great, young jazz guitarist.