Your favourite recordings that everyone else hates

Any of you have favourites that were rejected by reviewers and / or the public in general ? Well, here's your chance to bare your soul and plead your case before the Audiogon Court of Jesters : )

How about discs that you love even though the recordings are decidedly "lo-fi" ? Bootleg's don't really count, but you can list them anyhow : ) Sean
>
sean

Frederica von Stade, "Song Recital" (Purcell, Debussy Hall, Canteloube Dowland, Liszt). (1978)

Björk Gudmundsdottir, "Post." (1995)

Man Jumping, "World Service." (1988)

Hank Williams, "Hank Williams' Greatest Hits" (1961)

American Prayer, "The Doors" (1978)

Eminem  "Eminem Show" (explicit version 2002)

Some of these offend my older friends, some offend my 18 year old son. I like all of these on the right occasion.
Albert: You and I are about the only members of Audiogon that like Hank. However, the world still likes him enough that he still sells worldwide between 100,000 and 200,000
recordings a year. That is not bad considering he has been dead for over 50 years and the recordings are in dreadful shape. It is a shame that nobody really can appreciate a song like "Weary Blues From Waitin'" like you and I. Unlike other songwriters who stuck within a single genre, Hank was master of the music he loved: country gospel, slow tempo honky tonk, uptempo honky tonk, country hokum blues,and the recitation/morality songs under the "Luke the Drifter" pseudonym. He could not do uptown pop no matter what his producer Fred Rose said, no conviction from ol' Hank on that count. But everbody covered Hank for the pop charts, even Tony Bennett had a #1 hit on the pop charts with "Cold,Cold Heart". Yeah Albert I cannot understand why everyone else hates him. But the really good news: Jett Williams and Hank,Jr won the rights to the "lost" radio songs from 1949-50, about 150 of them. I heard there is a killer version of Hank and his guitar doing "On Top of Old Smokey". Will be out in 2005. Cannot wait!
The McGarrigle sisters DANCER WITH BRUISED KNEES gets the most consistant bashing by my friends. I love this recording, even with all the add distortion of sighs,moans, and out and out protest.

Ornette Coleman generally clears the room. Captain Beefheart clears the whole house, and the property. I love 'em both.
"saraya"- female vocal rock group trying to be like pat benetar. formulaic but great guitar runs, and the vocals-
well... and did i mention how attractive she was in black leather??

joan jett and the blackhearts- put another dime in the jukebox baby...

b-52's- rock lobster