Dvorak 9th Symphony

Folks that are interested in a good recording of Dvorjak's Symphony 9, may want to look at the Czech P.O. with Neumann conducting.
tweekerman
I love this version (along with George Szell's.) I own the the lazer disc of the Vaclav Neuman version.The disc is one of those analog LD's. Also on lazer/also analog/ The Slovak Dances by Antonin,and conducted by Zdenek Kosler is just as involving. Wish that these would come out on DVD. Except for the Szell coming close,nobody does these two favorites of mine better.
Thanks for the recommendation, Tweeker! Avguy: check out Fricsay conducting the Berliner (DG), also K Ancerl conducting the Tcheque Phil. (Supraphon). Cheers
Greg is the man, as usual, in things classical, I love the Fricsay, but Reiner with the Chicago SO (not one of the better shaded dogs though) is not to be despised either. Cheers,
RWD: Yes, Dvorak's 9th is commonly known as the "New World Symphony", because it was written after Dvorak resided in the U.S. for a period of time. The melodies in the symphony are said to have been inspired by American folk musics.