Mozart Piano Concerto 21.

I'm looking for Mozart Piano Concerto #21. Which ones are worth owning?

thanks in advance
gdollar
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I do NOT mean, however, that either of them are peerless; rather, of the "younger" generation, I think they are better than Hahn at this stage of her career (although Bell is starting to slip and his jazzy stuff is ludicrous).

I like Akiko Suwanai better than them all, however. Wish she recorded more.

But this was more about pianists than violinists. You have some thoughts on Pletnev and Nikolayeva? I'm not expecting to agree with you on them, either, but am interested in other's opinions.
Cpd,Buxt,...Hillary Hahn for me is possibly the only new artist for violin that I consider worth buying. Can't believe your opinion of her playing. Now on her recording with Marriner/St Martins, I have to admit the conductor/orchestra really held her back, its good that its Out Of Print! (Marriner conducting the Dvorak concerto, out of his league) I'll give her recordings a more critical ear, and see what comes. But as for her Bach Partitas, possibly the best ever recorded. I've had Bach collectors state the very same opinion. Buxter you need to listen to Oistrakh/Cluytens/French N.O. on the Beethoven V.C., then post your opinion. You may change your tune on Oistrakh's playing. Szigeti and especially Heiftz are phenomenal artists!!
Tweek, I can't believe you said that about her bach!!!!
Believe me, I sooo wanted to love her Bach. And I'll grant that she really wanted to do something beyond the ordinary. You can hear that she did her "homework" listening to the old masters etc. etc.
Better than Enesco??? have you heard the enesco bach??? Better than the Menuhin Bach set??? Better than Szigeti's bach ?? (who in my opinion is easily the greatest violinist /artist of the 20th century) The expressive/tonal palette of the above artists are IMO in a different galaxy. The depth, layering, thoughtfulness, style, DIMENSION... I must admit, I don't love the Milstein set(which is great), but I would say hers leans in that direction slightly- which I would characterize as an attempt to highlight the architectural, a rather "purist" pose, linear but not unexpressive. And I find her following all the modern "rules" a bit too closely too- a little bit too PC. I wish she would follow her innate intuition more on those recordings. Her tone I find a little on the thin/lean side resulting in 2 dimensionality.
there is only 1 modern Bach set that I LOVE. and that is by Mela Tenenbaum on ESSAY records. (cd) What I like about it is an honesty, and truthfulness to her own convictions about Bach without nods and references to PC, HIP, correctness, pleasing critics etc. I didn't like it at first, but like alot of truly great things, they are not so obvious. I will look for that Oistrakh.
I wnt to school with Akiko, I couldn't disagree more. Thin mechanical playing. completely passionless.
To be honest I have not heard the artists above on the Bach. So you are correct, I should first listen to Enesco (??) and Szigeti, maybe Menuhin, though not a big fan of his other recordings. Great post, I can learn from reviews like this,and better keeps me on the track to best recordings. The Oistrakh/Cluytens was on a budget label I bought 2 years ago. sadly, I see now its out of print. hummm, there is another recording with the Berlin + a german conductor, not sure about a review, doubt its as good as the Cluytens. The only other one is with the legendary conductor Alexander Gauk(great conductor indeed!!!)/Moscow on the Classic D Oro label, 1940 recording. The sound is poor, but its worth the $7 if you love this concerto and Oistrakh as well. I have almost everything Oistrakh recorded + most of Heiftz(I'm new to Heiftz), have nothing by Szigeti. I'm abit more cautious about what I purchase, I've got my share of "dust-collecting" discs.