Vienna acoustics Mozart: Who knows?
After several months of listening different systems, I am about to decide myself to purchase a hifi system including amplifier + CD reader + speakers, based on the Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers.
First of all, let me explain my musical tastes: opera, symphonic music, organ, piano, flute... and my wife is mainly listening blues.
In terms of budget, I was in the range of 2500 euros (3000 USD), but I am ready to slightly exceed 3000 euros (3600 USD) if needed (which seems the case with Mozart speakers)
Some criteria which particularly hold my attention:
- no too big speakers
- not of system where the soprano is screaming (3 hours of Mozart then become unbearable)
- sufficient accuracy to hear what occurs to the various places from the scene (it is quiet important opera)
- Good enough bass (it is important for Wagner)
- properly fast and fluid (it is important for the flute)
-a system which restores without improving (it is unbearable to see Glenn Gould becoming Martha Argerich)
In short, too much for my budget.
In fact, after having listened many speakers within 800-1300 euros (1000-1500 USD) the pair (Quad, Kef, JM.Reynaud, Triangle...), I found the Vienna Acoustics Mozart which I immediately liked. I like it the beauty of the voices, its neutrality, the fair support of bass (however I don't need too much of it), the lack of tiredness on high frequencies and its design (size and quality of finish). I listened to them with an Atoll amplifier IN 100 and the CD reader Marantz SA8400, which remains certainly to be improved, with a more precise CD reader and to lower the total budget.
- did somebody knows these speakers, what comments do you have, with which electronics?
- what do you think of the choice of the Atoll amplifier on these speakers? Any other ideas around 800 euros (900 USD)? What about Kora 90 CSC?
- as far the CD reader, I will soon listen the Rotel RCD 02 with these speakers, I also thought about the Atoll CD 80: what do you think about it? Any other ideas between 400-800 euros (500-900 USD)?
Thank you in advance for your comments. Sorry for my English which is maybe not perfectly clear.