Best Blues Rock recommendations?

I just started listening to Blues Rock and have been bowled over by recents CDs I bought like Robert Lucas, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Led Zep, Jeff Beck etc. I intend to increase my collection and am keen on soem worthwhile recommendations. What are some of the Blues Rocks albums you've heard, especially the newer releases over the last few years?
raymond_tan
The Chicago blues is a mixture of blues, rock, and soul, that started (I guess) about 50 years ago. I'm not sure of the origins but Paul Butterfield (mentioned above) was an early band. The "East/West" album is well worth a hearing.

The Butterfield Blues Band had two famous guitarists (Elvin Bishop and Mike Bloomfield) who went on to do other things. Elvin is still kicking and is even making the Reno/Tahoe scene. Bloomfield hooked up with Al Kooper and Steve Stills (that's right, THE Steve Stills) to make the "Super Session" album. This is also a great album and worth a listen.

Bloomfield can be uneven (he had a drug problem that eventually killed him) but when he cooks, he squeezes out riffs as smooth a Jerry Garcia. Bloomfield also made another Super Session album with Al Kooper, that once again, is worth listening to.

By the way, thanks for reminding me of these old classics. They too often get overshadowed by giants like Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin.
I'll add a second recommendation for the Bloomfield, Kooper, Stills, "Super Session" album. The two cuts of Albert's Shuffel, and Season of the Witch are worth the price alone. This is the album I would own, if I could only have one.

The second album with B&K is "The Continuing Adventures of...", also great and recorded live. Duane Allman and Carlos Santana, among others, perform when Bloomfield was hospitalized on the second night.

Play them both at max volumn!
Just a few more to add in the mix would be
1 Bugs Henderson & the Shuffle Kings - great rockabilly blues
2 Savoy Brown - great boogie blues
3 Pat Travers - good rockin blues
4 Chris Cain - A little known west coast artist with a jazz background. Has good clean guitar and generally a good horn section. Definitely worth a listen
5 J Geils - Live "Full House" - a must have if you want rockin blues. "Blow Your Face Out" also good
6 Larry Howard - co-founder of Grinderswitch now playing Christian oriented blues. May be hard to find
7 Kaiser-Mansfield Band - Christian oriented blues.
Sorry there Funjindemon. I was reading this thread late last night, and I guess that I missed your choice of "Dose". I also agree with your choice of Jimi Hendrix "Blues".
Have you listened to two of the latest Government Mule cds?
"Life before Insanity", with Allen Woody, and "In the Deep End", that came out after Allen Woody died. They are two really great cds.
Mike