music for a broken heart

looks like my girlfriend and i are not going to make it. not because we don't love each other - we do - we simply live too far away from each other and for a couple of very good reasons neither one of us can move. that's enough on that painful topic but i would love to hear people's suggestions regarding music to get me through this very, very difficult time.

thanks,

gregg
glrtrgi
I think Chris Speed's album "emit" works wonders when your feeling down. It is sort of somber and playful with notes that are filled with emotion always with a feeling that there is a glimmer of hope. I thought it helped me to feel a little better after my Mom died. Take care.
What I would do is look for music that is up-beat! No matter where you turn - car radio, music on tv shows/movies, playing over the loudspeakers at the local dept. store, etc. will all pull at your heart strings so don't go looking for music to add to the pain. Sounds harsh but it will work. Swing/Big Band music, yea thats the ticket...
A few classics come to mind when I think of good reasons a youg lady can't move to be with her chump:)
Wanderer Fantasy, Nutcracker, Erection Symphony (Mahler),
Conning Little Vixen (Janacek), Infidelio (Beethoven), Soundtrack from The Two Faces of Eve and Soundtrack from "The Carpetbaggers" (Elmer Bernstein).
Jennifer Warnes sings the songs of Leonard Cohen on her cd "Famous Blue Raincoat." A good number of the songs on the cd should do the trick. As for something classical, Samuel Barber's: Adagio for Strings and Gustav Mahler's: Adagietto will certainly put you into a deep depression.