Aesthetix Calypso vs ARC LS25 MK2

Looking for insight from folk's who have compared these two pre's either head to head
in the same system (preferably) or experience with both in different systems.

I'm not looking at any other pre's at this time,
so please don't muddy up the thread with other pre's I should consider.

Thanks in advance...
perfectionist

Lots and lots of Jazz (Miles, Coltrane, Ellis Marsalis, Sony Rollins...etc.), fusion Jazz, R&B/Soul (Frankie Beverly), and of course the older R&B (Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles, Isley Brothers...etc.).

My personal feeling for music, is that it is much like wine. I listen to what I like vs. what people say sounds good. And just like my wine, I have musical preferences, but can listen to, and enjoy it all.
Markeef, glad you found this thread useful. Many of the decisions I've made regarding my system have come from knowledge gained from the forums here on Agon.

I see I never did update this thread after I installed the Mullard 12ax7's and Amperex 6922's.

I'm still running both sets and they are wonderful. I've had no desire to try any others. One of the 12ax7's has developed a hiss quite a bit more then the other. It varies throughout the volume range. That is, I can be at say volume# 47 with cdp stopped, and the culprit tube may have audible hiss from the listening position. I can usually run the volume up or down and come back to #47, and the hiss will be greatly diminished. Why this is, I don't know.
I do know it is not bad enough to make me want to replace them.

I will also say that I've had no desire to try any other pre's in my system. Very content...
I am very late to this thread, I know. However, I thought I would chime in with my Aesthetix Calypso vs ARC LS25mkII experience. I owned both. The Calypso is a warmer and more robust sounding line stage while the ARC sounds neutral to too lean and clean in my system.

I had the ARC LS25mkII for a couple years and then began my search for something about as flexible and versatile but more to my liking. The only thing I could find that came close in terms of "flexible and versatile" AND sounded a bit more "tubey" (which is what I wanted) was the Aesthetix Calypso.

I liked the Calypso so much that I later upgraded to the Calypso Signature. End of story.