Siltech G5 against the rest of the world.

I finally received the Siltech Compass lake G5 interconnects. They have an official price tag of $7500 per meter pair.I would recommend that we save ourselves from a discussion if this price will ever be justified for any cable. We all know that this is a stratospheric price level and hardly anybody will be able to afford such a cable.
But I have to admit that even the well known Valhalla stands beaten in its corner by this cable.
This cable has done great damage to me: It has shown what potential lies hidden in my system, and during the two days I was auditioning this cable, I have learned , that my system is capable of conveying an awesome rich, detailed, sound, which was hidden before I put these cables in.
It will be very tough to even go back to the Valhalla.
How can I can I keep on listening from now on with satisfaction, if I know that I am being kept from hearing the fine nuances which really justify the mane "high end" by using a lesser cable?
I think that my only chance lies in taking up a second mortgage and buy this cable eventually. I have to look at it from the only perspective possible: This is a lifetime investment, since I will never have to bother again about interconnects for the rest of my audiophile life.

Or does someone see another solution, which has somehow slipped by my attention, since I admit, I have become biased in my opinions recently?
tekunda
Tkunda, It was the G5 cables I compared to the audio tekne. The differences were so subtle it is hard to justify there price. On the other hand another friend traded his audio teknecables for the Valhalla's. I guess the bottom line is to trust your own ears and tastes
There is no other car that is LIKE a ROLLS ROYCE. You can convince yourself the same build quality and riding comfort can be had for much less, but this is denial. We all want to enter the high-end audio arena, however some of us must sit up in the cheaper seats while others sit at the sideline. Your interconnects and speaker cables are just as critical as every other component in your audio chain. You should invest as much in your interconnects as you would in any other component. It is a component. Why bother with Stereophile Class A listed components if the interconnects and speaker cable are not themselves capable of revealing every audio nuance you pay to hear. You cannot cheap out on interconnects, speaker cable, AC cable, power conditioning, etc. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money. With that being said, as long as you are enjoying the music EMOTIONALLY, you are doing fine. Also, stop watching your expensive, huge, flat screen TV with a $5.00 HDMI cable. Upgrade your HDMI cable and see what your flat screen really has to offer you.
I actually quite happy with my Rolls Canardly. Rolls down the hill, can hardly make it up the hill.
When comparing expensive cables, it really doesn't make sense to say this or that brand is superior to another--it really is a matter of matching gear to the cable and a matter of personal taste. It appears that the original poster found a good match with the Siltech. In another system, the Nordost might better the Siltech.

There are a few brands that have cables that seem to match a broader range of gear, Siltech and its sister brand (Crystal Cable) being examples of such, while others are more specialized. Nordost cables are on the very fast and detailed, and leaner side compared to other brands in almost every system I've heard them in so they are more limited in the applications where they would work. A brand like NBS has different lines of cables with distinctly different sounds, although their crazy expensive Black Label cable is as close to a univerally good cable as I have ever heard.

In my system, I like the silver Audionote cables (I have a 4-meter run of Sogon between my linestage and amp); this is a cable that delivers clarity and detail without being unduly bright or lean sounding.

Tekunda - the KLE Innovations gZero line has been besting many of the top IC's out there.

The KLEI gZero20 provides some excellent detailing and clarity.

The speaker cables also perform to an extremely high level of fidelity, despite their "skinny" appearance.

If you search this forum for gZero you will find some reviews I have posted on many of the gZero line.

Their Harmony line of RCA's are also used by many cable fabricators. I also use the Absolute Harmony RCA on my TT which had a profound Improvement in the transmission of fine details.

Their cables and plugs look very plain, but their performance is amazing

Also take a look at their web site for some outstanding reviews from several other people

Just Google KLE Innovations :-)

Regards