Integrated to replace krell 300i

I'm looking for an integrated amp for about $1500 used. My current system is:

PMC FB1 90db transmission line floor standers
Krell kav 300i
Arcam CD72t
Z squared copperline interconnects
transparent musicwave speaker cable

I'm finding this combo to be quite brite and hard to listen to for extended sessions. I'd like to consider tubes but I want something that will be user friendly. I'd also like to have an HT pass through option as well as a decent phono stage for the future. These aren't really deal breakers but it would be nice.
I'm looking for something with warmth and detail as well as a large soundstage. I listen to a lot of guitar based music, acoustic and rock, as well as instrumental and blues, and lots of live recordings. My room is 12x16 with an 8' ceiling and hardwood flooring. I will also be playing around with the room acoustics but I still don't think that I can get what I am looking for out of the Krell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For a better idea of the room, here is a link to my virtual system.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vstrt&1102839173&view
pilotboy
After looking at your system I'm wondering if some room treatment might help tame your system. I didn't read all comments but am surprised this wasn't mentioned. When I posted my system I reveived many helpful comments concerning room treatment.
Save yourself a lot of time, money and agony and do the room treatment thing as Timrhu suggests. All those bare walls, glass doors etc. Yes, brightness is something that would probably be a good description.
Don't change any components until you deal with the room. If you then decide you have to change something have a ball, but from where you'd be starting today, I doubt anything would really sound good in that room, and when you do deal with the room, whetever you'd get would probably not sound so good.
My suggestion - www.auralex.com - send a diagram of the room and they'll help you at no charge.
I like the views from your window. Coming back to hifi. I don't have much experience but what I would do is:
1. Put some carpet between the speakers and you.
2. Remove the picture frame behind you.
3. Pull the curtain shut.

If there are improvement, then the room has a lot to answer for your brightness and go further from there. My 2 cts.
I also believe that your amp is not bright.
Either room tweaks or changing the speakers would do the trick.
I hooked up this one through my setup and It was a very pleasant sound that would show no signs of fatigue.