Best Female Vocalists Ballads

I am on the lookout to add to my extensive collection of music. It's been a while since I was 'on the lookout' for such.
My favorite music is ballads, male and female. Any suggestions on music spanning, say the past 5 or six years?
Album name AND Artist.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Larry
lrsky
Oregonpapa, nice list.
But you forgot the Queen of them all. Mildred Bailey !
+1 for Kat Edmundson. Bdp24, do you mean Stuart Duncan on fiddle--or maybe Bryon Sutton on guitar?
I add my endorsement of Kate Wolf. I would also like to add that Kate wrote the songs she sang and great songs they are. She is sorely missed.

Her "words fell like rain on the dry desert plain. Precious and so quickly gone."
for someone a little different and a bit quirky try
Antje Duvekot. She's a good songwriter and very good singer. By that i mean that her phrasing and interpretations are as least as good as the quality of her voice. Her cover of Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" is brilliant.
for someone a little different and a bit quirky try
Antje Duvekot. She's a good songwriter and very good singer. By that i mean that her phrasing and interpretations are as least as good as the quality of her voice. Her cover of Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" is brilliant. She also does a great acoustic cover of Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls" Who knew?