The best passive preamp

How good is one of the best passive preamp, how the transistor based bent audio or the placette or the swiss made Audio Consultant, or audio teknè, in comparision with the very best active line stage? beside the costs, is a pure quality question, for me.
alexismaster
Anything with real transformers, as opposed to autoformers, should work. The TX102 trannies in the Bent have an input impedance of 10K to 250M ohms. They should have very little problem with any real-world source impedance. This is in marked contrast to resistor or autoformer passives, as is the very low output impedance, which is in the single-digit range over much of its travel.

I have found no constraints to the use of my Bent other than power amp gain. A pair of amps with low input sensitivity (~2v+) didn't have the dynamics when driven by the Bent that they did with active preamps. Amps with more normal sensitivity (1.5v or less) sound better with the transformers than with any of the actives I've tried so far.

I'd say to keep looking for a passive with transformers, either the S&B or Sowter.
I am an owner of the Django and bent passive. They were superior to my Hovland HP100, until I got the Space tech lab 113. Better in every department bot least focus and bass.
Has anyone heard the First Sound Passive Preamp and compared with any of the TVCs on the market since the last post here. Quite a while, due to many threads on passives, but this seemed as good a place to ask as any other.
I have heard it. It is nothing special sound wise in terms of comparisons to other resistive passives. Better build and quality of parts though IMO versus other resistive and even most magnetic passives. Especially if you can find one with the Shallco attenuators. I guess at the used prices they have been selling for lately one could do a lot worse.

At the time I did comparisons with the First Sound I was still convinced my TVC was better. It would be interesting to compare one to my autoformer and LSA.