Question on preamp matching with Wright 3.5 2A3 am

Just purchased Wright 3.5 2A3 monblock amps. I also have a Rogue 66 Magnum pre coming for it. I wonder if the two will mate to give enough gain on my 96 db effecient Cain & Cain speakers. Here are the specs. I dont understand specs as far as matching amp/pre and hope someone could help.

3.5 mono's
-----------

Input imped 100K ohms
Input level 2 volts

Rogue pre
----------

output imped 650 ohms
rated output 1.5volts rms
max output - 50V RMS
gain - line stage 23 db
max output 50V rms

I guess the 1.5 v rated output confuses/concerns me on the Rogue. Seems low? The Wright pre's and many others are 2.0 v rated output. Should this concern me?

Thanks,

Bill
128x128grannyring
Wright's own preamps match up brilliantly with his amps. The WPL12 would be a great match-up if you don't need a phono stage or his AU1000 (dealer-only) if you can find one. I've owned the 3.5's and have heard many of George's products (great stuff and a reasonable price). The lower output pre would simply necessitate your cranking the volume a bit more. The absolute quality of the sound is another matter entirely and is not necessarily related to a precise matching of output/input within .5V. If it is really far off I suppose it may bring in some noise and distortion.

Marco
I know about the Wright but it has no remote. I got the pre yesterday, Rogue, and I cant get my current speakers to play any louder than low conversation type volume. They are B& W DM601's 88 db effec. I have to turn up the volume to over 75% to get even this low little bit of sound volume. Based on what I have been reading this is not right. I know the Cain & Cain is 96db effec, but I am concerned my amp/pre combo wont work.

I use the Ack Dack which is rated for 2V peak to peak for 1 KHz 0db signal. I just think I should have had more volume on these 88 db speakers. I know it would not drive them loud, but the max volume level I got was very low.

Bill
Bill,
That low volume you're currently getting is due to running 3.5 watt amps into 88db speakers, not a mismatch between amp and preamp. Once you get those 96db speakers things should improve dramatically, at that point start trying different pre's. I agree with Marco about trying a Wright pre, if you can live without remote. Otherwise your Rogue might be just fine.