Woofer pumping WHY??

Hello All, I have an older REL B2 series. I love this sub. I recently received a new Project Xtension 10 with Clear Audio Maestro Ebony v2. After a couple days I noticed bad woofer pumping on several records I like to listen too. When I brought it up to Needle Doctor they told me it was my records and said it worked fine in there store. Now my REL is blown! I am so upset at myself for not taking this matter more seriously. Now I am purchasing a KAB rumble filter because I am not going through this again. Is this a cartridge mismatch?? Because on my REGA with Dynavector 10X5 It did not do this woofer pumping nearly as bad. AND I do remember putting a DENON DL103 on my RB301 and this same woofer crazy action occurred!! Immediately took it off that arm. I just spent $4100 for this Xtension10/CA Maestro and now I am scratching my head. Hmmmm.
128x128mattmiller
Breaking NEWS !! I think I'm getting really OLD because now I put the REL back in the system with my digital it sounds fine??? I am going to play some more vinyl and see if it still occurs, but for now all seems well again !!!
So I can sit there and see my system has a heartbeat. When I play any vinyl it goes 4 very quick beats then nothing then 4 very quick beats and so on... it even speeds up when I play 45's! WTF is going on ??? Its a brand new table. this HEARTBEART is in my main speakers and the REL. I am going to put my REGA back on the same input and see what happens.
That's absolutely what you should try. Let us know if the Rega table eliminates the woofer excursion. I'm dealing with the same issue, just since I recently installed a new preamp. I believe it must be the increased bandwith of the new Preamp. Best of luck Matt.
When I play any vinyl it goes 4 very quick beats then nothing then 4 very quick beats and so on... it even speeds up when I play 45's
Good observations, which lead one to suspect an irregularity in the new TT's drive or bearing system.

As a cheap experiment, you might try a different drive belt.

If you don't have a spare belt, try removing the one you have and feeling for irregularities. Sanding those lightly might help. Then reinstall the belt "other side up".

Try as many of these as you easily can and see if the woofer behavior changes.

I found a few phono preamps with 20hz rumble filters and bought one (Cambridge). Problem solved, but I do wonder if a higher end turntable would be rumble free, as the ultra low frequencies inherent in modern phono playback (and the wide frequency range of modern gear) matched with bass reflex speakers seem to make rumble. There doesn't seem to be any acoustic feedback in my current turntable system (which sounds great), so I suppose I won't know until I change the table someday.