How to equalize a bi-amplification setup?

Greetings!

Any one experienced in bi-amplification setups with different amplifiers, where output must be equalized?

In my bi-amp setup I use one pre-amplifier connected two different amplifiers, via balanced and unbalanced connection, feeding a pair of 2-ways loudspeakers (Pass Aleph P, Pass Aleph 3 on tweeter and Pass Aleph 0s on woofer).

Problem is the Aleph 0s results in a final higher sound volume (at least +3dB). Theorically I think this should not happen as manual gain of both amplifiers indicate a +20dB gain, altough the Aleph 0s outputs much more current.

How can I "calm down" the bass amp without comprimising the sound quality and without opening the loudspeaker to introduce one attenuation circuit?
sony
All you need is in-line attenuators (potentiometer or fixed resistors) in the IC to the Aleph 0s. All this is lot of bother, I think.

Kal
Why dont you try to drive the EQ unit with a preamp/ crossover output then feed the poweramp directly from the eq unit.
This will keep the EQ out of the high range amp and all the signal degrade to the less critical Lows.
I did this set up with the crown EQ-2 Equilizer unit with very good results driving krell amps and 801#3's. I dont know if your eq will drive the poweramp directly or not try and listen...
You stated "via balanced and unbalanced connection"

If you are using the Aleph 0 in balanced mode and the Aleph 3 in unbalanced, that is your problem. The Aleph P has 15 dB of gain using the balanced output, but only 9 dB using the unbalanced.

The only way I see to avoid using an attenuator is to use a splitter and drive both amps via their unbalanced inputs.