Scratches on acrylic platter Clearaudio Emotion

Hi there!

My question might sound very anal but hey, here it is. I noticed some tiny concentric scratches on the acrylic platter of my Clearaudio Emotion TT. They are isolated from each other and don't come in bunches, so to speak. Although they are very small and very few, I'm a bit disappointed to see them

Are those scratches normal and are they on the platter from the beginning, or could they have been made by some LP? I noticed that once, one LP slipped a little when I brushed it. Otherwise I don't see what could have made those tiny scratches on the platter. But on the other hand, I think it's very strange to have such tiny scratches (however small and few they might be) on a $2000+ TT.

Did someone here have a similar experience with an acrylic platter, especially a Clearaudio acrylic platter?

So as said, this question is very anal and I'm sorry for this but I couldn't help asking it. If everyone wants to share its experience or provide advice, he or she is welcome.

Thank you very much!
boozendormi
Don't worry, it's perfectly clear. Thank you for the precision though. It didn't come to my mind to clean the platter with alcohol but now I'm sure I will never do it.

Moonglum and Yogiboy, thanks for the mat suggestion. I will consider it. I don't think there was grit between the LP and the platter though.

All the best and thanks again.
Most tables that utilize an acrylic platter do so specifically to couple the record to a surface with similar characteristics so that vibrations (from the stylus tracking in the groove) travelling in the record will be transmitted to the platter and dissipated in the platter. If you use a mat between the two, you will compromise this particular design feature.

Acrylic is a quite soft surface that can be easily scratched, even when all you are doing is trying to clean it or remove dust. Do not even use paper towels in the cleaning process. I use the special eyeglass cleaning paper towels for this purpose. I keep the platter from collecting dust by covering it when not in use with a sacrificial record (a Charlie Rich album someone gave me that I have never listened to, although it is, now the record that spends the most time on my platter).
My turntable has a heavy thick composite platter which was intended to be used matless (although the manufacturer did originally supply a carbon fibre + felt "sandwich mat" which could be "flipped" to cover alternate preferences) but I preferred (by a large margin) the undamped approach of using a mat which decouples the LP from it's surroundings.

Might not be for everyone but in various AB comparisons - VTA precisely matched - it's a clear winner for me...

It also means no fussing around with clamps & weights as the mat couldn't handle the extra loading. Speeds up the process of playing LPs. :)
I bet this happens all the time at the factory and they know the best way to deal with them.