looking at upgrading my tonearm from a triplanar

I have a Galibier Gavia table, ZYX Universe II cartridge and a triplanar tonearm running through a Doshi Aalap preamp.

The sound is wonderful but I can't help but feel I could enhance the vinyl rig by upgrading the tonearm,
particularly gaining low level detail.

I've read up on a few models and I am looking for input on an arm that would be a significant step up from the triplanar.

I am particularly interested in comments from previous triplanar owners on sonic improvements with a new arm

the Durand Talea, Kuzma 4 Point and Graham are on my short list. I am not considering anything above $10k

thanks

Tom
128x128audiotomb
Is the Mk.VII Triplanar a significant improvement over the Mk.VI, or merely incremental?
07-23-15: Bdp24
Is the Mk.VII Triplanar a significant improvement over the Mk.VI, or merely incremental?

What a question. Where did you live in the last 40 years? Did nobody tell you that the next model is always better? A total sonic revolution. Even more when it is more expensive? That everyone is honest and able to hear differences, even with units which are well known not to bite the bullet? I knew Dealers, Distributors who were able to live from Love and clean Air but unfortunately they got less from year to year. Does anyone out there knows the reason for? Try to get a good price for the next "upgrade" and you will feel automatically much better. And of course, you will hear something you never heard before :-)
I hear ya, brother! According to ARC, every Mk.2 version of every ARC product is a huge, dramatic transformation of the now unlistenable original. Some SP-10 owners probably traded in their pre-amp for the new SP-11 without thinking twice, soon thereafter regretting it.

I'm sure the Mk.VII Triplanar improves on the Mk.VI (the change was made long ago), but by how much and in what way(s)? A Mk.VI can be had for around $2k, making it look like an easy choice over any new arm at that price.
the Durand Talea brought my system to absolutely new heights! Flat out obvious immediately. Thank you all for the comments, major thanks to Thom Mackris and Al.

No offense, but my old standby triplanar VII sounded mechanical in comparison.

I will comment more later.

Talea - precisely dialed in, nuance in spades
Universe II incredibly revealing and neutral
Galibier Gavia - rock solid, lack of resonance, precise speed and tight presentation

I finally get to hear what the cartridge and table are capable of. Wow

this combo is so real and engaging in it's presentation I am just floored

late nights
I have the newer version Tri P and I can't speak to sound differences over earlier models but adjustment screws and the ability to hold adjustment seem tighter than previous models I've seen.