Stillpoints LP Isolator Record Weight

Has anyone who has auditioned the Stillpoints LP Isolator (LPI) offer their opinion on the turntable accessory? I'm curious if it would provide any advantage over the standard VPI Record Weight / Periphery Ring combo.
jyoungpark
Amazing we have a manufacturer of a competiting product posting regularly in this thread about Still points trying to discredit and sell his products.

Reaks of desperation and not sure why audiogin allow it, except that he advertises on audiogon
Wow! I was listening to the 1st pressing of Jimmy Page/Robert Plant "No Quarter", (which is an excellent sounding lp), and since it was in need of flattening, I put the Stillpoints LP isolator onto the top of my McCormack DNA 225 (Platinum) that is sitting inside (on the bottom shelf) of a Solidsteel 5.2 rack, the amp's shelf, which is a BDR, "shelf-for-the source" platform that is itself, sitting on three original Stillpoints isolators, the amp is isolated more by Symposium Rollerblock Jrs. w/ ceramic ball upgrade. Whew!

Now, while the lp was playing, and the lp isolator was not in use, I put it on top of the amp and, WOW!, the dynamics were much improved, it almost seemed as if the volume was increased, I feel that so much hash was removed that I was hearing what is really on this lp!
Hi Dinster,

I have spent a lot of time with various record weights. My finding is the same as yours having nothing to do with materials used or brand. I have found that weights in general shift the frequency band down a bit. So weights tend to dull the upper frequencies and accentuate the mids and low frequency bands. They also give you sharper images and cleaner leading edges. That's the good side. The bad is that they narrow the soundstage. I have settled on no weight and I'm not alone if you research the subject on the "What's Best Forum." Another idea is to try the Oyaide Record weight. It comes in two weight classes and they are adjustable giving you the option of listening to the best weight. They are a bit funky looking but they work really well. One other idea is to buy the Oyaide rubber mat which is only $100 and will increase your fidelity greatly.

Have fun!
04-18-15: Slaw
I think it's important to note that these devices work differently in every individual set-up. IE: differing TTs, in association with varying platforms etc... IMO, there is no ONE "best" record weight clamp that will work equally well in the majority of the differing systems out there.

I completely agree with Slaw, every set up and every clamp sounds different and there is no way to guarantee one design will be best for every situation.

I have seven weights / clamps designs that are different sound, including a Stillpoints LPI for my turntable.

I two extra Stillpoints LPI that were to serve as isolation under my Focal Grande EM power supplies (at suggestion of Stillpoints).

I preferred Stillpoints Ultra Mini in that spot so like TBG (Norm) I need to sell a couple.