So, again, a question concerning amps.

I may be young. I may not have $25000 invested in my system. But why is it that no one on this forum ever answers my questions. Ever. I feel totally ignored. It really is a downer, considering how much people seem to post about everything else and everyone else.
I have Infinity Kappa 600s and 400s, front and rear, respectively. THese are 6-ohm, biwireable speakers. My center is a slightly older and less fancy Entra by Infinity. Soon will be upgrading to a Martin Logan Cinema.
Am looking at amplifiers. WIll be using a Harman/Kardon AVR 430 as a processor.
Have quality power delivery and cabling. Am very serious about this whole thing.
Since I have only one room right now, I am concerned with Home Theater as well as peerless musical performance.
I have been looking at amplifiers from Sunfire, Aragon, B&K, Parasound, older Classe, Older Krells, etc.
What do you people think? Comments on amp performance? Negatives? Positives? Etc?
I do not have a dealer for any of these folks around.

HELP!
breitlingdj
Aroc brings up a good point, look at my system. it is STILL Crap.
And just look at me! EVERYONE respccts, admires, and seeks out my wisdom. And EVERYONE pays attention to me.

Ok ok, that might be BS, but hey, i gotta feel loved ok?

I second the reccommendation for McCormack DNA .5

The tube suggestion is worth checking out, but if you arent into the whole maintenance aspect might wanna stick with Solid State, also it depends on how loud you want yer speakers to go, and how effecient they are.

Im trying to build my system up, Im going to use my Denon AVR-3805 as a front end, and im looking at some budget parasound amplifiers for the Center, Surrounds and the 2nd/3rd zone i will be running. I will probably step up the quality of amplifiers with the main l/r channels, and go with some of Parasound's higher end monoblocks.

Tell us more about you goals, you want a HT that kicks ass with music? or a Music system that can do great HT as well?

My main interest is just music, because i listen to tunes more than movies, hence the better amplification for the main l/r rather than l/r/c

What kind of music do you listen to? That might help out with possible suggestions as well
Hey Breitlingdj;

I don't know why you feel that "no one on this forum answers your questions.." as I do remember answering one of your questions and I did a quick search and I find you have an 35 responses to seven questions. Allowing for your responses to our own, you still have a no more---or less--than the usual number of typical responses.

What I do salute you for is how engaging you are to so many of our responses and this is good.
classe equipment is very nice, even their older stuff. they did have some issues with some older amps, but overall excellent stuff and highly recommended. they make a very nice 5 channel amp for ht use as well as many different 2 channel models. i would disagree with the comment about mccormack amps outperforming classe. IMO, far from the truth. mccormack makes a decent amp, (only when modified) and even then they are not near the top of the line compared to other top of the line manufacturers. very subjective though. also, check out mcintosh, odyssey, bryston, and sim audio. whatever you do, you need to audition any amp you are looking at using your equipment to make sure it is what you want. DO NOT take somebodies word that a piece of equipment would be the best for your needs, only you will be able to determine that, based on your equipment and how much you want to spend. if you don't have any dealers nearby, be willing to purchase used from audiogon and be prepared to resell what you don't like.
if you do get a very nice amp, your weak link will be the hk processor. you might want to look at a nice ht receiver or integrated processor instead of purchasing just an amp unless you will be upgrading in the near future. no matter how good the amp you purchase, if your source equipment isn't up to the amps quality, you will not hear the potential of your amp and speakers.
good luck
Speaking only for myself,

I like short questions, to the point and concise. I am not saying anything about you but a long (2 paragraphs) question will discourage me usually and so I will not reply unless it is of personal interest to me.

signed:

selfish :)
One idea you might consider is to get a McCormack HT-3 (I think that is the model) its a 3 channel amp which you can use for mains (for music) and center (most impt for movies). You can use the surrounds from your HT reciever and upgrade the McCormack amp to truly world class via SMc Audio mods.