To Hot to Handle?

I have been contemplating the purchase of a tube amp. However, one of my concerns is the possible heat issues associated with running a tube amp (or mono blocs) with 12+ tubes during the summer in the Northeast. I do not have central air in my apartment.

Would it really be unbearable? I would appreciate comments from anyone with such experiences/solutions. Or, are there any 75+ watt tube amps in the under $2500 new/used category that don't run hot?

Thank you in advance,
mattybumpkin
Is a portable floor standing a/c unit an option? They are effective, and not inordinately expensive.

Also, my upgraded Counterpoint SA-20 amplifier has only two tubes-runs relatively cool, and sounds great.

Other hybrid amps are available that have a tube sound without a large number of tubes.
If heat generation is a major factor to consider, the obvious solution is a digital amp, which are said to exhibit sonic characteristics similar to tube circuits. My CarverPro ZR1600 (good for 600 wpc into 4 ohms) draws about 45 watts with no signal, and, when driving speakers, has an efficiency (Output power/AC power) around 80 percent. Other digital amps would be similar.
75Wpc monos will produce the heat of approximately 180W each on the standby and near 450W each during loud play.
Multiply it by two and you'll get a pretty efficient heater to heat 150 sqfeet room during the beginning of Feb.
Sometimes if I don't have enough heat in my room I can turn on the amps and add some extra watts of heat and be OK.
That's why I bought SS amp that I use either in bi-amp or just single one during summer. My wife is happy as well.
I think that when you go to demo the tube amps you will probably not be buying one. I have a pair of tube amps in the corner of my fairly large living room and they heat the space in the winter quite well. I admit it looks a bit strange having the speakers face me, sitting in the corner of my area warming myself with my amps.......
The VAC PA100 is 100 watts and the difference in heat radiated between it and one of my Classe DR8 solid state amps is neglible. I live in metro Phoenix AZ and do have A/C however heat is a big problem, therefore I don't have 450 watt tube monoblocks.