Sunfire amps

I'm looking for a beefy amp for hometheater and have been looking at sunfire amps for a while. Now they've come out with a new line of amps. I'm interested in 5 channels, so my choices are the original cinema grand signature 405x5, the cinema grand signature II 425x5 and now the 400~5. Other than minute changes in the wattage, does anyone know of any difference between these amps that would impact the sound. The sunfire website offers absolutely no information on this. I'm also interested in people's opinions as to the musicality of this amplifier as I'm going to stick my pioneer 47a in this setup for multichannel DVD-A and SACD.
ultraviolet
Sean,
For what it's worth I've always appreciated your input on AG and think that the whole concept of AG acting as a useful resource relies on the participation of people like yourself.
I was at a mini audio club meeting over the weekend, and your name was mentioned several times during the course of discussion and always in a positive light.
I've seen some of the threads that got a little wild on AG, and even chipped in from time to time. I don't think people venting and getting a little too 'passionate' about their opinion is always a bad thing, in fact my own approach to certain situations and people in the workplace is to 'stir things up' from time to time. It's surprising how people will play a passive role and will often sit on the fence until their view is challenged, then they become all fiesty and you can't shut them up!!
Well it's part of the fun in my opinion, and conducive to the learning experience also, so it would be good to see more of you on AG, controversial opinions and all.

Carl
Hi guys,
I'm currently in the process of shopping for a big-ass solid state amp, preferably for five channels.
I have Infinity Kappa 600s front L/R, Kappa 400s rear L/R, and an older Infinity Entra Center. THe center is soon going to be replaced by a Martin Logan Cinema. THe Kappas are all 6 ohm speakers, and thus my lil Harman Kardon 430 cannot push that load. I bought the H/K knowing that i would eventually use the preamp outs, into separate amplification. A cheap and easy way to get Lexicon's Logic7 processing, and a relatively good receiver to boot. I paid half of list!
I have read lots of good stuff about Bob Carver, and have reviewed his white papers on the website, and am really pretty well sold on a Cinema Grand, either the 200-5 or the 400-5.
WHat do you guys think? Im pretty new at the audiophile thing, but have decent power delivery (Monster HTPS7000ss) and great cabling (MIT, Transparent, Tara, Monster M-Series). Would either of the Sunfires work well with my stuff? THe fact that I can install her in a closed cabinet is helpful to the fiance!

Thanks guys, I need some help!

JonB
[email protected]
Sean,

I would echo similar comments--don't change your previous approach. Novices like me need some tutoring on the finer points of audio, with some personal opinions thrown in, which are perfectly acceptable; that encompasses a significant amount of activity on this site. This forum is a better and more informative site with your avid participation.

Tom
Definition of the word FORUM according to Webster:

1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT
3 a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Sean, I'm not familiar with your opinions or the problems you've had here at the 'Gon. However, I believe it is essential that we continue to hear from you here. The exchange of ideas in this forum, whether we agree or not is what makes this board click. I am relatively new to the 'Gon and the world of high end. It is important that guys like me are exposed to differing opinions.....we will make our own decisions, but those decisions will be informative because of people like you...and those that oppose you. I visit AA also but not nearly as often as I visit here. You'd probably be surprised how dependent some of the members here are for advice and suggestions from the 'Gon.

I believe your departure will be a loss for you and the members of the 'Gon. The participation of everyone is what makes the 'Gon so strong. The more this place becomes single-minded because of the lack of differing opinions, the less useful it will becaome to all of us.

....my 2 cents.

mitch