Adcom GFA 535 II

Any thoughts/past experience concerning this particular amp?thanks...
chadburr
Chad--

This is a pretty good sounding amplifier in the right system. Paired with speakers it can manage, it sounds pretty smooth, detailed, offers reasonably good grip. Doesn't go as low as the bigger amps (like you needed me to tell you that!), not as "clear" sounding as others.

Best,

Bob
I have the 535 mk I. Not sure what the differences are between it and the newer version. The 535 is a forward, aggressive sounding amp. Its best mated with warm, laid back, rolled of sounding speakers. I found it to work well with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 7.2 speakers I had. Some people have reported using it to drive Vandersteen speakers. Its rated at 60W/channel and is know for driving difficult loads. Its a good amp to use in biamp configuration to drive highs/mids. Hope this helps.
It is by far NOT the best amp at its typical selling price($125-175)Here are 2 amps that are WAAAAY better sounding. The B&K ST140 ($175-225) and the Adcom GFA 5200 ($150-200). These both use mosfet outputs and are smoother, sweeter and just plain more musical than the 535. In fact these 2 amps are better than quite a few much more expensive units.