What amp for Thiel cs3.5's?

I'm looking for a SS amp for my 3.5's. I Don't have a lot of money to spend. $500 is about it (I will buy used). Do i need something that's around 200W/ch into 8ohms (must double down into 4 ohms) or should I get something a little smaller of better quality? I would really appreciate any advice.
thanks
ketchup
unsound, do you know how to find out if a certain sa250 is able to double down into 4ohms?
Ketchup, let me first advise you that the notion of doubling down, is just that, a notion. The truth of the matter is more often than not a manufacturer will under rate their amps power out put into 8 Ohms, ergo their 4 Ohm loads appear to be "doubling down". Before you get the idea that this is just an effort to dupe the public, please keep in mind that this usually only done by the the "better" manufacturers and is usually limited to solid state gear. This is much like (in the good old days) the conservative under rating of horse power in better automobiles. Basicaly it's still a decent measure of an amps ability to handle lower impedances. During my last conversation with the folks at Conrad-Johnson, I was told that these particular Sonographe's were a limited edition run for one particular dealer, and they recommended it as a good value amp to use with Thiels. Now that recommendation may be taken as self serving, but, c-j has a very good reputation for customer service. My own experience indicates that reputation to be deserved.
Do you have a hotdog, some onions and mustard to go with the ketchup?
Try a Electrocompany AW-75 if you can find one.If not a aw-100 might be a ggod choice and easier to find for sale compared to the aw-75.
in fact,I have only seen 2 aw-75's for sale anywhere in 3 years.The very last one to pop up on Audiogon I grabbed.Its a semi rare and worth the effort to find one.
The one I have has the upraded duo mono toroidal trannies
Its 75 wpc/8ohm 145 wpc/4ohm but has tremendous current.Idles at 60 ampules and can handle going up to 85 ampules peak.
This amp drives my 3.5's to satisfying spl's on rock and metel.It sounds "tube" smooth as well.
>ampules

A small glass vial that is sealed after filling and used chiefly as a container for a hypodermic injection solution

:-)
David99 I like your ingredient to go with Ketchup,Kimchi
will make taste more smoother. Find a used oddysey
this are very very good combination.I am very impress
to the musicality.David thank you for the laugh.