BAT or Lamm

I am thinking of changing my preamp, I have a Mcintosh c42 and am thinking of a Lamm L1 or a BAT VK50. I already have a piece of BAT, VKP-5 phono stage, my amp is a Mcintosh mc352 speakers are JM lab mezzo utopia`s. I am moving out of a solid state system into tubes, but can only do it a peice at a time so I thought I would do the preamp first.Any thoughts? David
cylinderking_1
Jfrech Im on the same page as you I already thought about the xlr imput and outputs I also have a SCD-1 which also has either xlr or single ended it has been pluged into single ended because the c42 only has 1 xlr input which is being used for the vkp-5. The vk50 or vk50se would solve that problem, but back to the issue of the lamm is it a better linestage than the BAT. Buy the way I am planning on retubing the vkp-5 just haven`t got to it yet. David
Did you ever change?

I was just wondering what you may have changed to, and your impressions.

I am auditioning a C41 right now, and I LOVE it. I am coming OUT of a sweet tube pre-amp. I was wondering if one of the other pres you mentioned did it for you better than the 42 . .

L8r,

B