Looking for Alternative Preamp to Blue Circle BC3

I've lived with a Blue Circle BC3 preamp for a while now and I have only good things to say about it. The trouble is, my wife is intimidated by the dual volume controls and after much discussion I've agreed to start exploring alternatives. I want similar performance, my wife wants a single volume control (to her credit, she appreciates the quality of the BC preamp and also wants to maintain this level of standard). What preamps should I be looking into? The Herron preamp and the Ayre preamps appear to be viable options. What else would you recommend? Thanks for your input.
nalgene8954
I also own the BC-3. I would look @ Audio Note maybe the M-2 or M-3. They do not have remote though.
The First Sound Presence Delux was a better sounding preamp than the Herron so do not go there. The CJs make good preamps and are very natural and warmer sounding. The ARC LS-25 MKII bettered my BAT VK-30SE in dynamics.
If you just have the basic BC3 Depina (the one with the standard power supply), you may want to check out Gilbert's new BC-21.1 preamp. The new model uses the same tubes as the BC3, has an upgraded power supply, and can be custom ordered with the same hand-made stepped volume control as the BC3 (a single control).

I heard the new BC-21.1 at CES. It sounded better to me than most under $2K preamps I have ever heard. You may find it equals your BC3 if it is the basic model.

You can also custom order the BC-21.1 with a remote control volume control.

Don't be afraid to ask Gilbert about it. You can say I sent you if you want (can't hurt). He may even be able to do something with your BC3. Who knows until you ask.
Get yourself a BAT VK30 (with optional remote) used, step up and very easy to use.
I own the BC21 and am very happy with it, but as Sugarbrie says, the improved power supply and new Shallco volume attenuator in the BC21.1 should be a noticable upgrade. I'm considering having those upgrades made to my BC21.