Plinius class A vs. class AB sound difference?

I am considering purchasing a Plinius amp. I have read that many audiophiles do not hear a difference in an SA100 when it is switched between class A and Class AB modes of operation. If this is indeed the case, then would a Plinius 8200p (power amp; not the integrated) which is supposedly the same class AB circuitry found in the SA100, sound identical to the SA100?
128x128seasoned
I own an SA-250 MKIV and I can honestly say that there is a perceivable sound difference between AB and A (A sounds better, smoother).

I also tend to agree with HACKMASTER in that the amount of power required to drive the speakers will invariably affect whether or not you'll hear a difference between class AB and class A.

You’ll have to be able to stand the heat though. The Plinius amps run murderously hot in class A. You’ll see a difference in your power bill too. Happy listening!
My SA100 MKIII has just the slightest amount of grain in AB mode that is gone in A mode, also in class A there seems to be better definition, or maybe it is my imagination, it is that close. It sounds superb in both modes (driving Maggie 1.6s).
I had an SA100 III and had the same question, so I listened blindly as a friend switched the amp from A to AB with several different types of music. For each song, he switched the amp back and forth, and I indicated which I preferred. For all tests, I preferred the amp (no surprise) in class A. There was more bass, smoother top end (less grainy), and much better depth. For me the difference was big enough that I always preferred the amp in class A, by quite a bit.

I haven't heard the 8200, but I doubt that it sounds as good as the SA100 in class A.
I own the SA-102, so I'm not sure if my observations will be the same compared to the SA-100. I can hear a distinct difference between A and AB, although much of the sonic character is maintained in both modes. Class A provides a more focused, layered, and densely populated soundstage, the bass has subjectively greater reach and better pitch, the highs have a more crystalline quality, and there is slightly more warmth and body. Class AB sounds great as well, and is possibly more open, although less focused, and slightly more forward sounding. Even though the SA-100 is only rated at 100 wpc vs. the 8200p's 175 wpc I would think that it is capable of more current delivery than the 8200p due to its larger power supply.
I agree with Judit: you owe it to yourself to hear the SA102.

I traded up to the SA102 from an 8200 integrated. For the money, the 8200 is great, but no match for the SA102. The 8200 is rated at 175 watts at 8 ohms, and the SA102 is 125 watts at 8 ohms. But the SA102 is capable of delivering something like 4500 watts at clipping and even the gutsy 8200 can't match that. The SA102 can really swing that woofer like no other amp I've heard (except the SA250).

As to your question, Symphony Sound is theoretically correct, but I admit I can't hear a difference between A and A/B on the SA102. But who cares - this amp is awesome!