NAIM Alternatives-from people who have switched.

I would really like to hear from some people that have swithced from NAIM (you poor sod you!) to something else and are happy with the switch and what worked.
I am currently using a Naim 52/250 combo and while I am happy with the sound overall, for reasons I won't go into other than to say I need a better shielded combo so I can enjoy my analog gear more than I do now.
Dealers near me have Ayre, CJ, Sim Audio, and Plinius. I have not heard any of these so I cannot say if I like them or they will work for me.
Thanks
Any good alternatives?
gerardff
I switched from Naim gear to a Berning ZOTL amplifier and found much better sound, none of the typical tube shortcomings, and it is auto-biasing, and cool running, with long tube life. It is just as simple to operate and maintain as any SS gear. No fuss at all. A great sounding, and easy to use upgrade for me. The ZH270 is the model with the power level you'll need to get anywhere near the power level of the Naim 250.
Actually without going to far from where you are with NAIM I would try Linn. Linn amplification is clean and very compact due the power supplies they use. Naim is tough to beat though. I am using a Naim Stageline with Hi cap power supply as it was the only (after numberous trials) phono stage that didn't produce any kind of hum. If your getting a hum of some sort with NAIM I believe you will have a similar problem with just about anything else. NAIM uses such a heavy sheilded case on their gear. Make sure you do some in-home trials before you buy.
Believe it or not I second Blue Circle. Beautiful to look at, great tonality, nice punch. Nothing is the same as Naim, but BC will give you a good alternative and, as I understand it, that is what you're asking for.

Moving to tubes, nothing I've auditioned does what Naim does, but tube amplification can do some cool things. Little noisy but spooky real.
I switched from Naim to Blue Circle. I had a 32.5/140/snaps setup that I wanted to upgrade. I started looking around to see what was available, though I had every intention of sticking with Naim. I literally stumbled over Blue Circle gear and was knocked out. It is hard stuff to beat, especially when you start comparing price points.

The Blue Circle will give you a little more timbral accuracy and slightly better imaging than Naim. Of the other gear you have mentioned your best bets would be Plinius or Ayre, but you'll have to spend more money on either of those to get a comparable sound to the Blue Circle (so why not spend the extra cash on better Blue Circle :).

Having said all that, I still have fond memories of my Naim stuff, and may eventually pick some up used for a small second system.
Hi,

I moved to an all Linn Aktiv system from my previous Naim components. I'm very happy since used Linn gear is such a great bargain. I can't offer any criticism of my Naim kit and have fond memories of it. I would definitely put Linn on the short list especially if you are looking at buying through the classifieds. Good luck.

Patrick