BAT VK-200 or Odyssey Stratos for Magiess 1.6s?

I have narrowed my choices to these two. VK-200 is a bit higher price (used) compared to Stratos new with cap upgrade.
Both have rave reviews. (my ideal choice would be BAT VK-60, but can't afford it yet.)

Set warrantee issue aside. What would be a better choice for my system, in term of sound quality?

My system are
Maggies 1.6 (upgraded cross over) with Julian Zu cables (bi-wiring)
AES AE-3 (tube rectifier) pre-amp (used with Oxyfuel Zu Cables)
Cal Ikon 2 CD player (to be upgraded to Cary 308 soon).

I usually listen to a lot of female vocal, plus some Jazz, Classical, and general (anything, but heavy metal and rap)

I don't have a sepecific room size yet as I will get a house next year and hopefully the listening room size would be standard size. For now I will use it temporarily in 13'x17' room. I do not listen to very loud music.

I would love to see alternatives as well.

Thanks a lot

Ake
ake
For the price of a used vk-200 you can get a dual mono Odyssey Stratos. I've owned the vk-500, currently own the vk-60 monos and Odyssey Stratos monos. The Odyssey is a very clean sounding solid state amp with plenty of current and oomph that the Maggies need. One vk-60 wouldn't do, not sure if dual mono would do the trick either.

I also have the AE-1 and AE-3 DJH version. Go for the DJH if you can find one. It definitely eliminates some of the glare in the stock AE-3 and improves soundstaging. Have fun.
Odyssey Stratos. Based everything I've read and heard from those who own them or reviewed them. IAR (International Audio Review) rated this about 2nd best in 1998 of all solid state amps reviewed. The list included the likes of ML 33H, Krell fpb300, SimAudio Moon W-5, BAT VK-200 and vk-500 and a host of others.

I don't think it's wise to put much stock in reviewers and their product reviews but I do believe that Peter Moncrief of IAR is a definite cut above the rest and really knows his stuff. Nevertheless, I do not believe you will find one bad professional or consumer review anywhere regarding the Stratos.

I've never listened to the Stratos but they do come with a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed or your money back so the risk is minimal.

-IMO
I like the BAT. I use a VK500 with 3.5s and LOVE it.Also, resale for the BAT is quite good if you change your mind(you won't)
I recommend Plinius SA 100 MKIII (I have not heard the 102). I went from a Rogue 120 Magnum to the Plinius and the Plinius beat it in all areas except for not quite as liquid a midrange (very close). One review I read about it said it gave an inner glow to the instruments and that describes the sound very well, every instrument has a special focused quality. Another reason to go with the Plinius is the bass is very articulate, you always know what is going on down there. I am very happy with the sound I get.

My system includes a Rogue 99 Magnum pre, Linn LP12 with Grado Sonata, Maggie 1.6 and AZ wire.