My wife says yes Help what to upgrade next?

I have B&W 802 S3 for speakers,Theta Miles CD (direct) & a Aragon 8008 BB. Maybe I should add a preamp or change the cd player.
Any Help
Thanks,
Jim
gretchen
Greetings "Gretchen",

It's always fun to upgrade. Cables are definitely an avenue to persue. I would consider going with a preamp first however. I have seen one right here on AudiogoN that might just be a great buy. Take a look at this option...

PREAMPLIFIER OPTION - Audcom AP-110

I hope you're having as much fun as I've had helping you!

H a p p y s h o p p i n g !

Best regards,

-Donald

W ENTERPRISES NORTHWEST - Portland, OR USA
"High End Audio That Is Music To Your Ears"
| www.wenterprisesnw.com | [email protected] |
Thanks for the ideas so far. I forgot say that the Theta Miles is the balanced version & that I'm using it via. bal. interconnects.So the preamp would have to be balanced. I had Tara labs & MIT and seem to like these the best.
I would like the imaging to become more precise and be able to point out the diffence between instruments better.
Jim
Gretchen: I suggest you get the most out of yr PRESENT system before changing active components.
1) Give aftermarket pc's a try on your system. Larger gauge rather than smaller... Check out the sound.
2) Then review speaker positioning (if you haven't already) & tweak equipment support. Check results again.
3)Then try the best cables you can get on loan. Do a final check on the sound.
Then determine what's missing & if it's related to active h/ware. Cheers!
Gregm was right on. Start with power cords and consider a power conditioner. Something like an Ultimate Outlet with a thirty day return policy from PS Audio might work. Then interconnects and spkr cables can fine tune the foundation you've provided with the pc's.