My wife says yes Help what to upgrade next?

I have B&W 802 S3 for speakers,Theta Miles CD (direct) & a Aragon 8008 BB. Maybe I should add a preamp or change the cd player.
Any Help
Thanks,
Jim
gretchen
Hi- I'm using Monster Cable Sigma 2000 speaker and interconnects. I have not upgraded to PC's they are stock.
You should mention what about your system you would like to improve on... what do you like about the system. What would you like to improve.. bass response, accuracy, depth, soundstage... vocals, higs anything... You have nice gear..
The Aragon is one of my favorites, as most people in the threads know...The Theta is a nice player.. And if you are a B&W fan...then I would suggest trying a nice tube preamp, something by Audio Research or BAT... It will smooth out the system and add warmth to the speakers.. take off some of the brightness of the b and w's. Cables, definately. Go for some nice interconnects and speaker wires and definately pc's make sure that you create some synergy in the system... I happen to like Mit and Transparent for Interconnects... Alpha Core is another favorite, and very inexpensive relatively speaking.. Powercords, well I am partial to my own brand, considering I own Custom Audio... however, there are lots of upgrade paths.. But without knowing what is ailing you, I can only suggest options not solutions!!
Happy Listening,
joe
Custom Audio LLC
Greetings "Gretchen",

It's always fun to upgrade. Cables are definitely an avenue to persue. I would consider going with a preamp first however. I have seen one right here on AudiogoN that might just be a great buy. Take a look at this option...

PREAMPLIFIER OPTION - Audcom AP-110

I hope you're having as much fun as I've had helping you!

H a p p y s h o p p i n g !

Best regards,

-Donald

W ENTERPRISES NORTHWEST - Portland, OR USA
"High End Audio That Is Music To Your Ears"
| www.wenterprisesnw.com | [email protected] |
Thanks for the ideas so far. I forgot say that the Theta Miles is the balanced version & that I'm using it via. bal. interconnects.So the preamp would have to be balanced. I had Tara labs & MIT and seem to like these the best.
I would like the imaging to become more precise and be able to point out the diffence between instruments better.
Jim