PS Audio 300 vs Tice powerblock II

I have been using the tice powerblock II in my system for some time now. In the last year there has been so much talk about the PS Audio stuff that I'm wondering if I should replace the Tice. I currently run my Aragon 8008ST amp throught the Tice which I know I could not do with the PS Audio powerplants. It would be for the front-end only. My amp would be on a dedicated curcuit with nothing else on it. The front end would be on another curcuit.
Does anybody have any advice, or have you tried both?
Thanks for your insight.
128x128nrchy
I agree with Timo. I've had both the Tice and the PS Audio in my system. The PS Audio wins hands down.
The PS Audio P-300 is a fantastic device for front-end components. However, connecting both digital and analog equipment into the P-300 (when powered up simultaneously) appears to result in an edge/slight brightness in sound. I can only imagine that digital noise (emanating from the digital source) wreaks havoc with the power supply of the P-300 (or other). The two pair of outlets on the back of the P-300, to the best of my knowledge, are not isolated from one another. If digital and analog equipment are to be used together, consider a PC (or PS Audio's Ultimate Outlet?, or similar)that minimixes/reduces/eliminates digital noise from re-entering the power supply (P-300).
This is similarly true if digital components are connected directly to a wall-socket. Digital AC power noise must be minimized or eliminated for best performance/sound.

peter jasz
I had a Tice Powerblock 3 and bought the PS Audio 300. One of the best decisions I ever made. However, I'm still using the Tice for my five (don't ask) power amps and find that they sound better thru the Tice than into the wall (dedicated 20 amp circuits). Despite what others have said, I don't find that the Tice limits current. But the PS Audio unit is a real winner with front-end gear, far better than the Tice.
FWIW, The Tice PowerBlock IIIC is a completely different rig than the IIIB, II etc. If anyone cares, the hoo-ha is all on Tice's website. And if you want to inquire further, you can always call George, and talk for as long as you both have time for! I got into the PC game with a Tice IIIC HP (high power) and the difference it made for all components (amps, frontend) has been absolutely and un-exagerratedly astounding, to the point where the PC made more overall improvement to the sound than any component other than speakers that I've ever bought. All brands have their cheering section, and this is no exception, but I would encourage inquirers not to pan Tice's products without considering to their latest (non transformer-coupled) PowerBlock IIIC. It gave my entire system the air and reach-around depth of silver cables without any freq. shift or any of the nonsense my anaolgy might confuse you with! It was the single most important and beneficial audio purchase I have ever made aside from front speakers.

Regardless of your choice - power conditioners are a must.