Innersound ESL amplifier - good choice?

I am considering the Innersound ESL amp for my maggie 1.6QR's.
Does anyone have experience with this amp?
Is it really as good as TAS says?
I do not see many people commenting on them and I normally like tube amps but want to keep my speakers. My Rogue Magnum 120's do not have enough power and dynamic range for these speakers. I have the Magnum 99 pre as well.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone who has help me on Audigon in the past.
128x128philjolet
Hi Detlof.

I didn't use Nordost on the 989's. Frankly, even the thought of that makes me shiver. I only referred to Nordost as a sound analogy. I used Mapleshade Omega Micro Planar III copper and NBS Signature series 1 - hardly screamers as spkr cables go. If one needs Sander's cables to tone the amp down, if that's the case, then OK, but I understand Sanders believes cables don't make any difference (said a friend who talked to him), so I wonder whats up with that. The amp has great slam with clear space, charitably said, but long on nuance its not. Basic high current SS with minimal distortive artifacts, but you will never hear someone say that the sound enveloped them, not if they've listened around. In the progeny of sound from PS Audio 100 to Coda to Spectron to... Innersound - cleaner and clearer as you go - the artifact thing - but not what TAS says it is. (Months later, is it listed in any of their reviewer's systems, did Seydor use it in last month's reveiw, or HP in the Maggie 20.1 review?)

But here's the bottom line. Sanders honestly believes in his amp and I'm sure, Philojet, would ship one out to you with a reasonable deposit, so listen for yourself - which is always the way to go. Alot of people like the piece, so maybe you will too. Hey, if you started a Coda thread I'm sure their would be a lot of advocates then too. I just think the Maggies could be done better. That said, I'm hardly a Maggie expert. Maybe some experienced 20 and 20.1 owners could chime in with some advice? I think that would help.
ASA, I do see your point. Possibly that's why especially the base sounded terribly bloated and the entire impression was even worse, than you had described. Obviously a synergy made in hell! Sanders does NOT say, that all wires sound alike. He is anything but an opinionated fool. However, he sees no point in buying aftermarket powercords. By the way, you are quite right about the lack of holographic imaging with the InnerSound, which however is of no consequence in the configuation I use them in. Cheers,
thank you everyone,

As I write this I am listening to the Innersound ESL amp (30 day trial period) and I wanted to share some very rough and preliminary views. I am using the Innersound speaker wire and will compare that with the Nordost and report back. When using the Rogue I always had Nordost Blue Heaven.
Compared to the Rogue Magnum 120's the sound is much more vibrant, and the bass has more impact and dynamics instead of the thick bass the Rogue has. The midrange of this amp complements the maggie 1.6's and has more of a solid quality (palpable?). In the high end the Rogue has a more natural presentation, more harmonics and nicer tone, but is lacking in detail and air by quite a margin.
The Innersound is very good and this has been an eye opening experience for me. At the very least I now believe if I want to keep these speakers I will drive them with solid state and I will try the Plinius and maybe Bryston amps as well and let you know. I could not find any info on the Conrad Johnson EV2000 but it is very intriging I may well be missing out, thanks tpsonic, (I see one is up for sale $2000)
I also want to try the Zeros and hopefully he will let me do an in home trial as well. The zeros may help the Rogue be more vibrant (if I am not mistaken).

sincerely
Phil
thank you everyone,

As I write this I am listening to the Innersound ESL amp (30 day trial period) and I wanted to share some very rough and preliminary views. I am using the Innersound speaker wire and will compare that with the Nordost and report back. When using the Rogue I always had Nordost Blue Heaven.
Compared to the Rogue Magnum 120's the sound is much more vibrant, and the bass has more impact and dynamics instead of the thick bass the Rogue has. The midrange of this amp complements the maggie 1.6's and has more of a solid quality (palpable?). In the high end the Rogue has a more natural presentation, more harmonics and nicer tone, but is lacking in detail and air by quite a margin.
The Innersound is very good and this has been an eye opening experience for me. At the very least I now believe if I want to keep these speakers I will drive them with solid state and I will try the Plinius and maybe Bryston amps as well and let you know. I could not find any info on the Conrad Johnson EV2000 but it is very intriging I may well be missing out, thanks tpsonic, (I see one is up for sale $2000)
I also want to try the Zeros and hopefully he will let me do an in home trial as well. The zeros may help the Rogue be more vibrant (if I am not mistaken).

sincerely
Phil
thank you everyone,

sincerely
Phil