Rogue Tempest or Jolida JD1000A Integrateds?

Moving to tubes and have decided to go with one of the above by researching Audiogon forum threads. Comments from those of you that have heard one or both units would be greatly appreciated. I am powering the Cliffhanger Audio CHS-2 W2's.
buckingham
The Rogue Magnum Tempest has double the power supply capacitance of the reular version along with larger and better output transformers. It ought to drive the Cliffhangers very well providing you room isn't huge.
You should check the impedance characteristics of the Cliffhangers as well to find out at what level and where in the frequency spectrum they bottom out, as this could be an even bigger issue than sensitivity. I've heard nothing but good things from the support Rogue gives potential customers, so you might want to check with them too. Best of luck.

Tim
Checked with Mr O'Brien at Rogue. Nice straightforward normal kinda guy. I like that. Well I'll keep you all posted eh.
I heard the Tempest on a 90db (true measurement) MTM style speaker rated 4ohm nominal and it did very nicely. There is one here for sale about $1,450. I am not a Rogueophile but I was not aware of Magnum upgrades for the integrated stuff as Chelillingworth talked about but he is usually on top of this stuff (don't ya love it when the discussion goes to passive components and transformers instead of brand names.) Anyway, I know they have a Magnum Tempest amp with upgrades available. I have had a little experience w/ Jolida through a friend and at least with their amps the stock tubes are almost throw-aways if you ask me. Maybe just a bad exprience.

Sincerely, I remain