Amp quality / Slam

I need some help with my amp set up. I currently have a theater/2ch stereo set-up, and I'm not pleased with the "size" of the sound being delvered when I listen to 2ch music. I have a Marantz mm9000 bi-amped/ bi-wired to my main speakers and the 5th channel powers the center ch. when I'm watching movies. I'm looking for that powerful, full sound that hits you when playing music at higher volume. Right now I feel like the sound is not as clean or crisp as I would like. I'm not a metal head, (although I do love AC/DC)in fact I listen to reggae and jazz most of the time. I'm wondering if the problem is the amp? I know its not the speakers, the have great range and can deliver in the right environment. The amp delivers 150w per ch., so I have a total of 300w going to each.....I'm just not as blown away as want to be. HELP!!!
mhubbard
dynamics issue? Are you using (I see no mention of) upgrade AC cords? If not then you need to experiment with some good cords. Other tweaks that can help to enhance dynamics: cones, shelving, Vibrapods, preferrably all placed under your source component in a sandwich stack but again experimentation is required to determine what will work best in your own particular application.
I am thinking that you need to work on your speaker placement QUITE a bit. I sincerely doubt that you have them optimized for either good imaging / soundstage properties or bass reproduction.

While i am not familiar with the specific model Cambridge that you have, i assume that they are too big to be placed that close together in a room that sized or for your specific listening distance. You also don't mention if they are placed on the long or short wall, the distance from the rear wall, etc... All of these factors can make a big difference with in-room response and loading, etc...

Don't underestimate the importance of speaker placement and room acoustics. It can make or break a system. Sean
>
Thanks for the feedback guys. I do have after market power cords, they are the hi-end voo-doo cables. As far as speaker placement I've screwed around with that so much I'm DONE! the imaging is really good, its just the attack I seem to be missing. I also have all source componets isolated with vibrapods (I'm a total geek about this stuff). The one thing I'm really not sure about is this polarity issue that "estrnad" mentioned? Can you please go a little deeper into what you mean?
Just check that the "+" or "positive" (ie, Red) output wire of your amp goes to the corresponding "+" terminal on each speaker, and the black "-" or "Negative" terminals on amp-speaker also match up. If one speaker has the polarities reversed at the speaker terminals or at the amp, it will be "Out of phase" with the other speaker, and the bass will cancel out.
A test: Put the amp in "mono" and play something with a lot of bass and have the speakers facing each other. Reverse the polarity to one speaker. If the bass increases, they were out of phase. If the bass dies, the speaker polity was correct. The correct polarity will be obvious to the ear.
-Ed