Rogue m-120 monoblocs any opinions ?

I'm looking to buy these monoblocs i'm interested in any advise out there ,i have a Sonic Frontiers power 1 presently, are these monoblocs as good as they are cracked up to be ?
jejell
I haven't heard the Power 1, but in the past i have had VTL mb100's and 175's. I can't say which is better IMO, but i can say the Rogue 120's are very good.
Hi Jejell,

I Totally Agree with Tfta above.....nothing near the price comes close!! The only thing you should be aware of, is that you will need a pre-amp with a highish output impedance (i.e. a tube unit). I tried these with a Melos SHA-1; and while these do have tubes in them, they have a very low 5 ohm output impedance. The combination did not work so well. I swithed to a Rogue pre-amp (both which offer excellent sonics and value) and then there was magic.

Happy listening!
Well maybe my opinion is bias towards this product for the simple reason of customer service. I like the saying 'hope for the best but plan for the worst', I emailed several dealers and Rogue themselves(toy from the attic was NOT one of the dealers I spoke to, maybe that is part of my problem!) trying to get a little information on there product(nothing tweeky just normal questions) after a few tries with NO response I figure I would not want there product any way. I mean WHAT IF I had a problem! what would happen!!! Nothing, I was not impatient either I gave them around 3 months to get back to me and heard nothing, still.... BAT on the other hand returned my email the same day! customer service means a lot to me so I went with them. Good luck with what ever you do, ~Tim The Tire Guy
I met Mark O'Brien at Stereophile show this past spring and had a nice conversation. I have since called with questions a couple of times and spoken with Mark directly or he has promptly reurned calls. One of the reasons I am so comfortable with Rogue is that I know problems with customer service will never be an issue. [email protected] is a great dealer. I find the rogue Magnum products to be an immense value and are very underrated. You should hear the new Tempest Magnum Integrated it is unreal in direct comparisons with other more "famous" amps.
I have to disagree with Tireguy on the customer service issue at Rogue. They have the best customer service I have had the pleasure to witness in the last 20 years. I have emailed Rogue on many occasions and have never waited more than one business day for an answer. Many times my questions were answered the same day. I've read many other posts here from others with similar experience. One of the main reasons I bought 120's was the reputation of the company. I have not been disappointed.