Do you ever just listen to music

Do you ever just listen to music without critiquing your system? On Thanksgiving I listened to music for 12 straight hours without one critique. It was the most fun I have had with my system in years. I put on some of the worst recordings I have a long with the best recording and they were all enjoyable to listen to. All in all it was a fun day.
taters
For the most part selecting what i want to hear is perhaps the most difficult thing since i am trying to figure out what would fit my mood at the time. i don't like to jump up and say "no, not this, it's great but i need something more "XYZ-ish" right now". so i like to hear the whole piece if possible, even though CD's are a lot longer than LP's. that has really changed the way we listen to music (not to mention all the other factors). but anyway i do like to, at some point during the piece, stare at a certain point on the front wall, and focus for a moment or two on the presentation, the sense of space created by the recording. this usually doesn't last long and i lapse back into what is being played again.
but it's an interesting exercise if decidedly academic in nature.
That's the reason I sit down to listen. There are times when something in the recording draws my attention from the music. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But the music is what makes me sit back and relax again.
yep - I quit screwing around with system tweaks some time ago. Now I just enjoy . . .
All I can say is, the OP was eluding to the VERY common condition of focusing on equipment flaws rather than enjoying music. And he gets a bunch of responses like this is NOT common at all and he is alone. Very untrue. There's a reason this site is flooded with "like new" equipment. He is far from alone.

If you haven't changed your system in 2 years or more, then feel free to post a smug response. Everyone else should work on their humility and honesty.
The cup is half empty or half full, right? If the system is great, you'll focus on attributes. If not, it's like Elizabeth said. But focus you will. Some people have ultra hi end gear to whom this is not a hobby. Clearly this thread or forum for that matter doesn't apply to them. Nor to the guy that spends all his money on music with a cheapo system.