I Take My Music Seriously

Sometimes too seriously. I can't help it. Being musical is something one is born with. Some people are more musical than others. I studied as a classical pianist for 12 years at the Conservatory of Music. What is your background? How musical are you and how seriously do you take your music system?
sabai
It's one of my favorite things. I like to spend a lot of time listening to music. I enjoy it. I try to not take it too seriously. Music should be enjoyable! I take as seriously as needed towards that end.
Amoungst my hobbies I include, and continue to enjoy, audio. It is fun. But it is not essential by a long shot.

Music is entirely different, it is essential to my well being. Most every day. I love music itself, but I also consider obtaining an understanding of music essential. The latter creates a social activity as well as broadens my understanding of performance practice v composer intent. Went to a 'concert' just last night. Pedestrian performer doing Chopin's music for solo piano. He explained everything going on historically and creatively.
Learned a lot I did not know about performance practices. My guests loved everything! They didn't even notice the piano was out of tune! :-) My audio/sound addiction raising it's head again. :-(
Not musically talented enough to be considered a musician(played tenor sax well enough, but only when reading music - no improptu talent whatsoever so I quit), but extra serious about music. The better my system gets, the less tolerant and more snobby I've become when hearing "music" elsewhere. Really irks my wife when we are out.