What's up with that?

Why can't we send members e-mails anymore?
csontos
putting your email in the message is not that difficult, I do it all the time.
Buconero117

I included my email address in my last for sale ad and promptly received notification from Audiogon that it was a violation. They advised me to edit the ad and remove it. I removed the ad and sold the item through Audio Asylum.
End result is Audiogon did not receive their cut. I will check every avenue available before listing items.
In the past I received e-mails from members with suggestions or opinions on threads and other non-transactional subjects. It's a shame that this type of communication has been cut off.
I believe the charge is 4 dollars for listing equipment for sale maybe they could give us an option on the email and charge accordingly perhaps an 8 dollar listing fee to include the email. It is so much easier I would have no problem with the additional fee. Also they could charge us for closing our listing early maybe a couple of dollars that would help offset their cost. Just food for thought.
I would receive 2-3 emails a week from Audiogon members wanting my advise on cable building (DIY) isolation or other topics I have experience in. Since starting my audio cable company I rarely use the forums because I have been accused of promoting my products. This became the only method for people to get my opinions, but that has been taken away. This only hurts the hobby, and in the end will hurt Audiogon. They have made a big mistake this time, I doubt they will own up to it.
It is easy to put your email in a forum post, but how about when you just want to contact a member more efficiently than just hoping that he or she will read your post and respond. Given the high $$ value of many of the items sold, its no wonder that the management went to model that gives them a cut based on the value of the sale. But it sure does cut back on the sense of community at the site.