Counterpoint - Alta Vista - Mike Elliott

I was just informed that Mike has stopped all business because of health reasons. The Alta Vista Website confirms this. I know some of you may have had some issues dealing with Mike in the past but Mike was always a professional to me and accommodating to all of my dumb questions. I learned so much from his designs and I know that they were way ahead of their time. I just finished modifying an SA-5000 for a few audiophiles based on the information provided on the Alta Vista Audio website and they sound excellent. I still own the current version of the NP-220 power amp.

Well my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family.

Thanks Mike for everything.
bigkidz
My mistake on jumping the gun on Mike's health. He is alive and doing well.

I emailed Mike and he will put my contact information on the Alta Vista Website for Counterpoint repairs and upgrades. If you need any service, feel free to contact me to discuss your particular needs.

I recently upgraded two SA-5000s preamps and they sounded fantastic, much better than the stock units (since I had the two at the same time, I was able to compare each upgrade performed to determine the outcome) and actually heard the differences.

Beides Counterpoint products, I am available to repair or modify all audio components CD Players, preamps, amps, DACs, etc.

Happy Listening.
I have send an email to Mike. I know technicans that lost its job due to the current financial situation.

Some of them have over 40 years in repairing hifi eletronics. Therefore, training another technican can be done within half a year or less.

It appears that just an oncoming message comes back and Mike is not responding on his email address.

If it is in his decision to give up ,okay, but it is not necessary hence I know some guys who can do the job without training or overpaying them too much.

I would be glad if anyone does have a working email. I could just let him know the addresses.