Room acoustics

I have a pair I thiel cs2.4's that are only 2 feet from he face of the speaker to the face of the back wall. I've pulled them forward to 4 feet and they open up greatly. Unfortunately this is not practical. Is there any wall treatment on the wall behind the speakers that can help achieve the 4' distance sound being only 2' away?
last_lemming
I think you misunderstand my situation. My Thiels are in the living room (large room) and my Vandersteens were in a small bedroom (12 x 12), though I have brought my Vandys into the living room for comparison. On my system and my particular set up the Vany's just don't compare with the inner detail and depth of the Thiels. At least not the 2ce versions I have. But, hey the Thiels are at a much different price point. I find the Vandys are more laid back and forgiving. Not to say they don't sound good, they do, but I definately "hear more" with the Theils and the sound stage is much clearer, more defined and bigger. The bass goes a tad deeper on the Vanys but the bass is a tad more accurate on the Thiels. Not that looks are super important, but the I don't think anybody will putting the Vandersteens in a sculpture museum anytime soon. The Thiels on the other hand are like pieces of fine furniture. Also room acoustics and placement play a large part in all this and my set up may just favor the Thiels.
After rereading your post (Rrog) is see you might be meaning ditch the Thiels for some monitors due to the back wall issue. If only I had that kind of money!! haha. No I really like the Thiels, I will just have to move the speakers out when I want to seriously listen.
Just an idea but can you rotate your system and furnishings 45 degrees so that your speakers straddle the corner? While their outer edges may still be 2 feet close to the nearest wall, their inner edges will be further away, plus now you have the added depth of the corner between the speakers . . .
Ike I said just an idea . . .