In defense of quantum products.

There are many audio products that have the word quantum in their name. The brand names Synergistic Research, Bybee and Kemp and Audio Magic come to mind. There are others.

Frankly, some of the explanations for these products are difficult for me to understand. I understand the general theory of quantum physics but when it comes to the details I often find myself getting lost very quickly. Are the explanations offered up by makers of quantum products accurate or not? And does it really matter? Is audio about understanding what manufacturers say or about enjoying the music?

Personally, I am only concerned whether the product works in my system. If the explanation is satisfactory but it does not deliver I could not care less about the theories offered in their defense. Happily, I have been lucky with products from Synergistic Research, Bybee and Audio Magic. I have not used any Kemp products yet.

What have your experiences been with quantum products?
sabai
Ozzy and Sarcher30, This repair thing is difficult to believe. I'm not saying it did not occur but Jack Bybee is a very savvy person and a very competent maker of high performance products -- in my system and in the systems of many people who have reported this fact over the years. To think he would not be able to make such a simple repair and would go to all this trouble to give someone the opportunity to malign him stretches my imagination. I cannot for the life of me figure this whole thing out.
What's so hard to figure out? A frequent and I believe respected contributor to this forum has made a factual statement about a product and described his dealings with the manufacturer. It's pretty straightforward.
Since we have not heard from the other side we don't know the full story. That's all I'm saying. I am not discounting what has been reported here. But there are always 2 sides to every story.
Sabai, Sounds like I hit a nerve. If you like what they do in your system then that is all that counts.

I have heard a demo of the Nordost quantum device at RMAF a few years ago. They did a A/B comparison. I thought I may have heard a difference but it was very slight. Certainly not worth the price IMO.

Cheers
I don't see how "quantum" models relate to audio sound quality in any meaningful way.

A quantum model to me would infer mostly a different and inherently nebulous way to market a product. A different way to tell the same story in the end essentially that makes a product seem more revolutionary or innovative than it really is.

I proceed with caution with any products marketed based on such a model. It's almost certainly a marketing ploy based on principles whose application to the task at hand are nebulous at best and done most likely merely to increase the perceived value of the product.