Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
Hi Inna, I hope my post did not knock rich people - I am far from a "march on wall St" type. I only knock stereo gear that cost more than a modest priced house, because over that last decade prices have gone way up and sound quality has gone way down, imo. I would really like to know really great sounding speakers for $5K - from what I have listened to in this range, none are even good and most are poor. (I hope you can mention some models and skip BW and other mass produced cheapy brands - I hope you have lived more than that).

"if you live in Manhattan, you don't (really) need a car" -

So, how to you get to your house in the Hamptons ? :)
That is not a fair comparison, 6550c. My first car was a used vw that I bought for $800, and I had to take a loan out on that! :-)
At the rate its going this thread can be retitled:
Why aren't the older members still alive?
I am a member from the very early 2000's and post only occasionally now because of all of the know it all's. There are just too many egos here on people who don't know their butts from a hole in the wall. I hold an Electrical Engineering degree and got tired of people criticizing engineers simply because we are engineers and understand the physics behind things a little better than they do. I find it much more refreshing to hang out at DIY Audio and design and build some equipment. Nelson Pass is my hero.