small companies making today's best products

i think the audio research, conrad johnson, rolamd, mcintosh, monster cable, esoteric, etc., are superseded in sound quality by many small independent companies which operate direct to the consumer.

most of the comments praising components of different types seem to mention small companies, who do not have dealer networks. why ?

perhaps innovation with out marketing or other constraints enables creativity and thinking outside the box to flourish.

when i consider my own system, i own cables from small companies, digital components from a medium sized and well known company, and an amplifier from a well known company as well as another amp and preamp designed by a retired professor from canada.
mrtennis

http://www.jeffreywjackson.com/

Jeffrey Jackson builds custom amps and horn speakers that sound wonderful. I believe he'll work with you to design and build just about anything you want. He was on the team that developed the field coil Lowthers that Lowther-America is now selling.

I can vouch for the fact the Jeffrey Jackson will customize to your taste and needs. I own one of his Kahn phono preamps which I ordered with mercury rectification and dedicated stereo and mono inputs. A truly exceptional audio component. Can't wait to get the 71A line stage!!!
Isochronism, no, the prostitute account is totally separate. Besides, they are not as expensive.
But thank you for taking care of me and reminding of that.
Wait, have we gotten this far without an Atma-sphere mention? What a great company and wonderful amps. They are there for customers with questions (especially nice since OTL amps are a bit of a different beast) and offer a number of options for upgrading their amps (power supply upgrades, capacitor upgrades, reduced gain, etc).

Hats off to Ralph and everyone working with him. A real bonus for my amp choice. Nice that an amp purchase can also come with this type of relationship with a manufacturer.