So, what DON'T you spend money on?

OK, most of us have stereo systems that tally in the five-figure range -- more than many peoples' automobiles, inlcuding perhaps our own. ;-)

Last week in an attempt to self-justify recent hobby expenditures, I started drawing up a list of things that more "normal" people would own or spend money on, but which I choose not own. To wit, I am 34 and married and do not have a:

TV
Cable Bill
Blu-ray player
Ipod
Smart phone
PS3/Xbox/Wii
Car payment on my '03 Mazda
Child

.... How 'bout you?
cymbop
No fancy cellphone, a phone is for making phonecalls
No cable/satelite
no New cars, but I do have a nice second hand one
definitely no prostitutes

Wife and 3 kids, only one still in college. Funny though, even in their mid 20's, they still cost me money, but what's money for.

no Ex wife to pay for unfortunately, bacause she passed away.

Nice but old house, costs me money to keep going.

Several short holidays a year, my wife and I prefer 1 week breaks or less.

I could be retired, but I'm not, that pays for what I still need for the HiFi
Well some of the above responses are quite interesting.
I still have a cell phone from work even though I haven't worked for a while due to the building market here in Central Florida. Thankfully we are blessed in that we have no debt and don't have to make many of the sacrifices other families do.

I DO have Satellite TV as I am a passionate sports fan and always have been. I also spend on gardening and woodworking and maintainence of the house much of which I do myself. We both love community theater and live music shows. Unfortunately my wife will only attend classical music concerts which I love as well but others as well too.

I DON'T care about clothes but my wife does so she does much of the mixing and matching for me in that area. This fulfills one of her passions and I don't object.

The house and car 1999 Toyota, and truck 2005 Ford F-150 are paid for, no debt, we take many mini vacations and are planning for a 1 month vacation this June to her home country.

I have pretty much stopped spending on audio other than a few things here and there to tweek the system as I am quite satisfied with what I have although I probably will update the speakers in the near future and have some work to do on my analog, other than that I'm done.

I have come to the conclusion over time that less is more. We have started clearing out the house of things which are not necessary and giving it away where it can do better good.
No:

Country club memberships (the ones near us have six figure joining fees)

Boat

Ex-wives