Anyone successful in dealing with Tinnitus?

I have been experiencing ringing in my ears and think I may have it. Any recommendations?
underdog
Having delt with a malady for decades I agree all to readily with Elizabeth. Once one gets beyond the standard deviation medicine is trial and error. Your trials the doctors errors, training new doctors to understand what is happening and what works is wearisome but anything else is even worse.
One gets to know what works for one and why with luck even a doctor can be taught.
Elizabeth is correct I agree. No one knows more than the person that deals with it daily , weekly , yearly and into decades. Having gone through a situation myself Uru975 I could not agree more with you. Luckily I now have a practitioner who listens and learns and is great about the fact all the years of medical school do not equate to every individual the same. Cheers!
I found reducing stress, eating right, exercising, all that old-fashioned stuff helped my case.
There was a terrific article in the New Yorker a few months back written by one of their writers (Jerome Groopman of the Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Med)who happens to be a world famous AIDs researcher and has written many books on health care.

Here is the link:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/02/09/090209fa_fact_groopman