Nordost Quantum Technology Products

Does anyone have any experience with either the QX2 or QX4? Not much in the archives and googling doesn't produce many results regarding if they work or what may be expected in sound quality. My local dealer would like to sell me one or 2 but does not have the units to demo. He has never steered me wrong but if this is such a great product I would expect to get more positive results at least when googling the item.
Thanks
xti16
Im saying this device had no effect on either of my systems as my review.

I didnt spend 6 grand on a cd player and say "this thing sucks it needs 1600 addtional dollers for a qx2".

I tried to create noise sharing the outlets so to me, its a solution to another problem that doesnt exist for everybody and i think some people hear what they feel they need to becouse of marketing mumbo jumbo.
It did nothing for me in my home but maybe on a aircraft carrier it would.
Uhmm.... just popped in and read the above. If this guy has such a wonderful system why was he trying the Quantum anyway. What's he not happy with?

Just to add to my previous post: My background - I had a career in professional audio. I was a sound recording engineer on many commercially succesful recordings. I owned an internationally renowned recording studio that frequently had chart credits worldwide

I was trained to listen to audio analytically and I have a spooky ability to remember sound quality and acoustic environments back over my whole life.

My sound system would have a total value of around 18k dollars and comprises components that are highly rated in the high end audio market - ATC, Harbeth, NVA, Nordost etc.

For reasons of "domestic impact" (!) I don't have high end shelving for my kit and this may be an issue. I have developed my own methods for equipment support and minimising vibration induced problems which has made a big improvement.

The Quantums have removed a kind of undefinable grunge in the sound. More effortless musical energy has released. I love it.

If you can, try them.

Because of my background I would love to know how the Quantums work. Those guys who worked on NASA and defence equipment have had to deal with very low level signals and beat problems like vibration and noise generated at connections and in cabling. They know something about the interaction of electrical energy and materials that we don't know.

Sadly the QRT website has been dormant for over a year now and I have seen no new reviews. Does anybody know the situation Nordost and QRT?

Great that some people have systems so good that don't benefit from the improvement they make. Maybe they don't have the shash on their mains that I have. I am sure the more exotic components have been built with enormous care taken in choice of components and construction. I choose not to spend that kind of money.

What I do know is that for the cost of the Quantums I have upgraded my system to a level where I don't see myself spending any more money on it and that gives me enourmous pleasure hearing any kind of music, even poor quality sources. I'd like other people to check out this option.

Hey, Val 1 "live and let live"? I hope you get your system sorted.

Happy listening!

Having heard the Quantum at RMAF and the Roy Gregory Demo at heathrow last year, I was mightily impressed. The latter demo was clear they are not an alternative to a good condition, I use a Pure Power APS. At the Gregory Demo, it was the Quantum seemed at least as impressive as changing to the Stillpoint stand and supports under the speakers, at less than half the price.
Being cheap, I will continue to look for a second hand Q4
To respond to Apship. "Does anyone have any experience with either the QX2 or QX4" Is the title of this thred. I responded that im "playing with it" as my experience for Xtil 6. For your question to me, I found the hype interasting from this thred so I demoed QX2 from dealer. I also tryed other things in the past like ummm going from casset deck to casset deck with DOLBY, then to CD......Like every other audiophile with hi end gear, If we have something to sort out, the Nordost Quantum qx2, 4 isnt it, unless your radio is 38 years old.

FWIW, i have owned the Nordost Thor and am in the midst of upgrading to qx4 having heard it. the best way i can describe it is that certain passages within complex music suddenly become even more "understandable" and clear. For example, on certain ;arge orchesteral compositions, when i put the Thor into the system, i realized that parts of the orchestra were actually playing a sort of contrapuntal counterpart to the other part of the orchestra. Nor sure why, but before the Thor, I had never made the musical connection before despite listening for several months to the CD. There is something very clear, organized (and effortless) about the way the music is presented that I feel like it is easier to listen to all of the various complex passages at the same time and keep them all going without "bleeding" together with the Thor...and soon the qx4. One man's experience. hope it helps.